• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Jeff flew away

BirdyBee

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Anè(she/her)
Here is the flyer(personal info removed)
20220601_072342.jpg

Birblover7

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Josie
I have never lost a bird but there was this really scary time after my mom got her first cockatiels. Mom's bf had them clipped, and thought they couldn't fly. He walked outside with them on his shoulder and one took flight immediately. He flew PERFECTLY and went right above a house while we all stood staring in pure shock. The bird ended up not being able to find somewhere to land and came back to the ground a few yards away from me.
I ran up, grabbed him, and put him back in his cage.
Never again!
The other cockatiel tried to fly but fell to the ground a short distance away from us.

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I like your poster, especially the reward part. If you can, make it more than an adult, male budgie goes for in your area. :)

Vmax

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Vanessa
One time, I made a rather unwise decision and walked out of the house with Max on my shoulder. He was such a "cling on" bird that I figured he'd stay with me for the brief trip to the mail box. Nope! Up and over the house he went! He knew the sounds of his food container, as I would shake it before serving my birds dinner. I stood on the back porch with him perched high in a tree nearby seemingly unsure as to what to do. I kept calling and my spouse joined me and we shook the food container. Eventually, his hunger drove him back to us. I hope the same happens for you, and soon...or that he decides to find food and someone in the neighborhood recognizes him from your poster.

conurehrdr

Meeting neighbors
I'm not sure what you mean?
They are suggesting you make the reward for jeff more than what a male, adult budgie costs in your area pet stores ;) **HUgs** C'mon Jeff. Please come home!

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yes, what conurehrdr said: If the pet stores charge $40 per budgie and rehome fees on online classifieds in your area are $35 for obvious males, like Jeff, then make your reward $45+ if you can.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Usually, budgies in my area cost R50-100. I am offering R250
That´s a good reward to offer :)
I know there was a young lady here in Cadiz, the next province over from me, she makes social media content and she lost her ´tiel. She offered 400euros reward for his safe return (av. cost is 30-50euros here). Word spread so fast around town about this person who was offering such a high reward, I´m sure there were people thinking ¨why wouldn´t she just buy another?¨. But because of the high reward, the word spread, and spread, folks were talking, and eventually she received a phonecall from someone who had found her bird.

I really hope he´s found safe :fingerscrossed:

sootling

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Ollie (he/they)
I'm so sorry, BB :sadhug2:

Spearmint

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Elk [He/They]