• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Jeff Bridges is looking for a new home ✨

Jane_L

Checking out the neighborhood
Hi everyone,

I am posting here with a heavy heart, because I find myself needing to re-home my gorgeous peach-faced lovvie Jeff Bridges (I know, the name is silly but it is what it is!) :lbpied2:

His mate, Pearl, went missing about 2 weeks ago. Pearl was nearly 13 years old, I’d had her since she was young so you can imagine my devastation. It's been a truly traumatic time for us all, and Jeff is now sadly on his own. he is claling for her all the time. Pearl had good innings, but Jeff is feeling lost without her. It's heartbreaking.

I am sadly not in a position to take on a new pal for Jeff at this stage. My life circumstances changed two years ago, and I had to move both birds into a crappy conservatory. It's not an ideal house, and I hate that they had to be in there, but I had nowhere else to keep them. I'd love him to be able to have a better place to live.

He is 7 years old (I've had him since he was young too), DNA-ed male (I have a certificate somewhere) but is only semi tame. We always let him be as tame as he wanted, gave him that autonomy, and he decided that fingers just weren’t his thing. He will sit on your hand, arm or shoulder, and I am teaching him to ‘step up’ which he will do for a seed treat. He’s just not into kissing, or close contact or cuddles. However, I do think he could be persuaded over time. But maybe he just prefers birds to humans, which is fair enough.

He’s super gentle, he never bites. He’s loud (of course) but very sweet, interested in everything, and a real character as lovebirds tend to be. He’s in really lovely condition, and is very healthy as far as I can tell - he has never needed a serious visit to the avian vets, or any medication.

I have masses of toys, ropes, bowls, a very big cage, plus some smaller cages, and lots of food (mixed seed treats, nutriberries, Harrison’s pellets). He lives with us and my dog (who would rather he didn't land on her back! :laughing2:)

I’d ideally love him to go to a home which has another male lovebird, or different breed as his companion, rather than a female who he’d breed with (he and Pearl did a lot of nesting, but I stopped them from hatching eggs as I didn’t want to add to the already saturated market of pet birds). However, I’m willing to consider anything so long as it means he goes to the right home.

We are in East London, UK (I know most people here are US based, but hoping someone from over here might see this), we are willing to travel anywhere in the UK if it means finding the right home for little Jeff

Losing Pearl meant losing part of me, I’d had her so long and she’d bonded closely with me. I don’t have the same relationship with Jeff. His ‘arms-length’ presence in my life feels somehow more…transitionary. It’s hard to explain, but this decision feels right for him. I know him well enough to know he’d be happier elsewhere.

Here are some pics. He’s such a cutie, and I do love him dearly. I hate to have to move him on, but in the end it’s so much fairer on him

Any help would be so appreciated.

Thanks
Jane xx

IMG_0463.JPG IMG_0464.JPG IMG_0410.JPG

IMG_9743.jpeg Untitled-1.jpg pearl and jeff.jpg

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
So sorry for your loss of Pearl. Sounds like you only want the best for Jeff Bridges :hug8:

Be sure to read and sign this thread as well:

Blueberry

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Lulu
How's Jeff doing? Where you able to find a home or buddy for him?