• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Jealousy?

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Isadora can hear the conures (everyone can hear the conures. The whole neighborhood can hear the conures. Aliens can hear the conures) and she's been a little extra... Aggressive with her affection.

Not aggressive in the standard definition by any means. Tteok is more "aggressive" than she is if we get right down to it. But she's been very pushy today. Forcefully preening me (nothing painful, just very persist), getting in my face for kisses, etc.

Is it Jealousy in a sense of making sure I know who I "belong" to?

owlsthetic

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Is she maybe feeling unsettled by the change in environment (conure sounds) and routine and needs the extra comfort? I don't know if they feel jealous of other birds when they can't see you interacting with them directly... at least that's the feeling I got when I was quarantining Sonny.

I had to change up my usual routine for Pico to ensure I was giving ample cage out times for the both of them coupled that with the new sounds/calls from an unknown bird so it did take a little bit for Pico to adjust

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Is she maybe feeling unsettled by the change in environment (conure sounds) and routine and needs the extra comfort? I don't know if they feel jealous of other birds when they can't see you interacting with them directly... at least that's the feeling I got when I was quarantining Sonny.

I had to change up my usual routine for Pico to ensure I was giving ample cage out times for the both of them coupled that with the new sounds/calls from an unknown bird so it did take a little bit for Pico to adjust
Possibly. I haven't interacted with the new two at all yet, I'm just letting them settle in for the next few days. Plus, to be frank, the beak on the sun is scary and I am more intimidated by that than I ever have been by Isadora :roflmao: It's so POINTY!

Her schedule hasn't been interrupted much with them here, but they're definitely changing the noise level of the whole house.

owlsthetic

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Possibly. I haven't interacted with the new two at all yet, I'm just letting them settle in for the next few days. Plus, to be frank, the beak on the sun is scary and I am more intimidated by that than I ever have been by Isadora :roflmao: It's so POINTY!

Her schedule hasn't been interrupted much with them here, but they're definitely changing the noise level of the whole house.
If you haven't started interacting I think it definitely could be the stress of the new (very loud) sounds then!

Oh boy those beaks really hurt! Especially with those bigger sun/jenday sizes. I hope they're not too nippy. Pico has mostly grown out of his nippy phase now but Sonny the baby is still boundary testing and he has broken skin a few times now. I would have a t-perch handy for when you do start interacting and letting them out

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
If you haven't started interacting I think it definitely could be the stress of the new (very loud) sounds then!

Oh boy those beaks really hurt! Especially with those bigger sun/jenday sizes. I hope they're not too nippy. Pico has mostly grown out of his nippy phase now but Sonny the baby is still boundary testing and he has broken skin a few times now. I would have a t-perch handy for when you do start interacting and letting them out
You want two new friends right? Come on down, I'll have them ready for you :rofl:

owlsthetic

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
You want two new friends right? Come on down, I'll have them ready for you :rofl:
I think my sister would seriously murder me if I bring two (louder) birds home. I already had to gift (bribe) her with noise cancelling headphones so she wouldn't complain (too much) about the early morning screaming sessions :roflmao:

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
I think my sister would seriously murder me if I bring two (louder) birds home. I already had to gift (bribe) her with noise cancelling headphones so she wouldn't complain (too much) about the early morning screaming sessions :roflmao:
Yeah the only reason the boyfriend allowed this was because he's aware that one way or the other it's not a permanent living situation. I definitely understand why people keep them in outdoor aviaries :roflmao:

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Conures are experts at making shiv.
View attachment 429426
Our Blu crown has a very sharp black point on the end of her beak that she occasionally knocks off only to sharpen it back to a spike again. I'm tempted to try and snip it a bit but I don't want to freak her out or hurt her. She tries to beak and bite us but all she can do is grab our fingers sideways and put pressure on them or nibble them from the side. She is the more calm and friendly of the two fosters here so trying to keep her that way and happy. The Jenday is a bit psychotic but is always watching us and wiggling till we get close to him and he dives into his happy hut.