• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

squeak514

Moving in
My lovebird, Peaches, has a habit of biting whenever I have company over. She loves seeing new people and is quick to fly right to them, but whenever I get close (usually to pick her up myself or remove her if requested), I receive a nice, painful bite. When it's just her and I, she's incredibly sweet and cuddly.

Could this be jealously? If so, any advice? Or maybe something else?

0327202047b.jpg

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Welcome to the Avenue! 1.welcome signs.gif Peaches is very beautiful! :swoon:

usually to pick her up myself or remove her if requested), I receive a nice, painful bite
Sounds like Peaches doesn´t want to be taken away from investigating the new people. The bite is to tell you ¨I don´t want to be moved¨.

Choices are;
-Let her hang out with folks
-Cage her before people turn up

DoubleTake

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brian
Pretty much what @Zara said, she is trying to tell you she doesn't want to go. Loki will sometimes do this when she meets birds she doesn't want to go but will quickly get over it once she is a few feet away from them... "oh, what was I doing again? next adventure!".

PippinLovebird

Strolling the yard
My lovebird, Peaches, has a habit of biting whenever I have company over. She loves seeing new people and is quick to fly right to them, but whenever I get close (usually to pick her up myself or remove her if requested), I receive a nice, painful bite. When it's just her and I, she's incredibly sweet and cuddly.

Could this be jealously? If so, any advice? Or maybe something else?

View attachment 380384
My lovebird Pippin does this too, Although I believe its because he doesn't want to be around them because he will fly to me when I'm with people and bite.

:rflb:Pippin:tiel2:Sunshine:tieln:Milo

I also have an informational Parrot YouTube channel called "Passion For Parrots" that might help with any lovebird questions you have!