• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video Java's newest behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brittany0208

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
He does a lot of head bobbing, usually when he's chatting up a storm. I guess it's his happy look-at-me dance. :heart:

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
I'll say it again - that Java is a treasure.

Looks like the pain meds are helping him.

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Gosh he is just so precious! I love him to bits :heart:

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
:heart:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Awww so sweet! Isn´t he just so adorable!❤

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
:xflove:I love him; he's so cute!! :fairy2: Puffin does that dance, too and I talk to her in that same voice! :laugh-bounce: I'd wonder if there's a correlation, but nobirdy else reacts to it. :shrug2: I think you're right about it being a happy dance.

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
What a sweetheart!!! :heart::heart::heart:

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:xflove:I love him; he's so cute!! :fairy2: Puffin does that dance, too and I talk to her in that same voice! :laugh-bounce: I'd wonder if there's a correlation, but nobirdy else reacts to it. :shrug2: I think you're right about it being a happy dance.
He only does it when he's chatting or trying to get my attention. I caught him doing it from the corner of my eye one day and have been encouraging him to do it more. I have no idea what it means but it's too cute to ignore.
He started to bob to a ringtone my mom played but stopped once we noticed. I've been trying to figure out if he has a preference for music but so far, no musical head bob :angelic:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Puffin likes to dance to @Danita's Coco videos. I don't know of any dancing vasas online (yet? ;) ) but her videos might work for Java. :dance3:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Burt was fascinated with watching Coco’s happy bouncing dance. It was cute to watch.....we haven’t watched any bird videos for a while.
I hope Java loves Coco as much as we do!

Tinta

Avenue Veteran
Thank you. You've met a Vasa before?
I've recently changed my username. I'm Tinta and used to own a greater vasa: Petoskey/Vinyet. Took about four years of pretty hardcore research and I even spoke to Kawaldie before deciding the greater vasa was the species for me. (edit: I don't have any parrots currently and will be getting a species much smaller and easier to find and care for in future)
Kawaldie used to be a member here also, I think? But wasn't active by the time I joined. She still has a site up with a lot of info and photos of greater vasas in general and of her male vasa, Eve.
Peggy, though is the woman I adopted Vinyet from. She was a member here for a long time but then passed away.

Last edited:

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I've recently changed my username. I'm Tinta and used to own a greater vasa: Petoskey/Vinyet. Took about four years of pretty hardcore research and I even spoke to Kawaldie before deciding the greater vasa was the species for me. Kawaldie used to be a member here also, I think? But wasn't active by the time I joined. She still has a site up with a lot of info and photos greater vasas in general and of her male vasa, Eve.
Peggy, though is the woman I adopted Vinyet from. She was a member here for a long time but then passed away.

Oh wow, I didn't know that. I've emailed back and forth with Kim a few times when I first got Java. I was actually looking for an Amazon or a mini macaw to adopt when I stumbled upon Java's (he was unnamed, being a former breeder) listing. I didn't know what a Vasa was until I was looking him in the face. It's been a task and a half to find information about them, and since he's my first parrot, I'm learning as I go. I have no other species to compare him to, so I'm seeing everything at face value. It's been an adventure.

Status
Not open for further replies.