• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Jasper aka Baby Cakes Died

Mark & Da Boyz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
I am so sorry for your loss. (((Hugs)))

Ankou

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Sondra
I've been sitting here in silence for a while now, just at a loss of what to say and crying to myself... saw the title and thought "please not Jasper." :sad1:
What a mercilessly awful year.

You were an outstanding caregiver to her and Hank, the quality and quantity of life you were able to provide for them despite their health was incredible. And I've seen the knowledge you share, all the education and research you've done so that you could provide the best life for them has saved other birds too. Your knowledge of respiratory issues in birds helped me improve both Peanut's and my own life while she was alive, thank you.
She was a hero for fighting as long as she did, the love you had for each other gave her good reason and her own courage took care of the rest.

I'm so sorry for your loss. May her spirit fly far and free with healthy lungs.
:sadhug2:

Nikomania

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I am stunned to hear your devastating news about Jasper. There are no words to adequately express how deeply saddened I am for you, Mary Lynn. Jasper was very special. I'm so very sorry.

EagleClem

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
I am so very sorry :sadhug2: you had a close and special bond. I think you also fought valiantly to keep Jasper healthy. Praying you find comfort in knowing Jasper is flying with your Hank.:sorrow:

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Mary Lynn, words cannot express my heartfelt sadness for Jasper's loss and your pain. I cry with you. You were both warriors that were given a challenge and rose to meet it in every way. Jasper was loved and you gave her the best care that gave her years beyond hope. She will be missed forever.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Thinking and reading these posts....

I hope that @Hankmacaw realizes that she will never know just how MANY birds have been blessed through her because of Hank and Jasper. Sure, some of us have told her how she affected us personally but don't forget this forum has a lot of people that lurk and read and may never even post.

It just breaks my heart to think of the silence in her house right now.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I am so sorry. I am crying for you. I wish I had words to help. I understand your pain and wish I could make it better. I am so, so sorry.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
I am so sorry for your loss of Jasper. You 2 fought so hard.

Tilly123

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Chrissie
I'm so sorry for the huge loss of your beloved Jasper and also Hank. I too don't know much about your beautiful birds but I do know from these threads that he was so loved and that you are so greatly respected.
Yes, the silence is deafening (this, I found, was extremely hard to deal with) but every word they said, every whistle, every funny little thing they did and their lifelong love for you and, of course their grumpy moments will indeed stay in your heart and mind forever, until you are reunited with them. Sometimes these memories make you smile and chuckle and sometimes they break your heart all over again but they are memories.Memories to me are like a golden chain that joins us until we meet again and as long as we have those, then I believe the person or animal/bird that we have lost will never really die because they live on in our hearts.
My thoughts are with you at this very sad time x I too would love to hear more about Jasper when you are able.... x

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
I'm so sorry for your loss of Jasper.
They fly into our hearts, and leave feather dust on our souls forever.....

My heart is breaking for you. Fly free Jasper, straight and high right over the rainbow bridge. Looking for Sweet Pea, Rocky and Tuffy, they love to play.
Mary Lynn you have my email addy if you want to talk.
:sadhug2::sadhug2::cry3::cry3::crycry:

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh no, somehow I missed this thread. Mary Lynn, I'm so very sorry. Your loss of Jasper is heartbreaking news.

:heart::gwm::heart:

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Oh no, I'm so, so sorry. Many hugs. This just breaks my heart as well for her and you. Fly high baby, tuck my babies under your big wings upstairs. :sadhug2: