• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Jasper aka Baby Cakes Died

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
No :( my heart hurts for you so much. Jasper was one of the luckiest macaws to ever live. I'm so glad the two of you found each other, and I'm so sorry your sweetie has moved on :(

LunaLovebird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I’m so sorry, Mary Lynn. You and Jasper fought so hard. She knew she was loved. :sadhug2:

Greylady1966

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Carol
I'm so sorry. The knowledge that you share with others here and the dedication and love you gave Hank and Jasper is amazing to me. They are together now flying free.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am so sorry for your loss, Mary Lynn. You gave Jasper a far better live than most birds have, and I am sure that Jasper knew it.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
This the year from hell. You know how much we love both you and Jasper Mary Lynn. You are family and one our matriarchs has passed on. My heart is heavy my dear. Good bye Jasper. :hug8:

i’m gonna raise a glass to that tough as nails old bird. I hope you have one with me my dear. :hug8:

painesgrey

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rachel
The Avenue has lost one of its greatest, but Jasper's passing is not the end of her.

The knowledge you have gained over your years with Hank and Jasper has allowed you to, in turn, educate the rest of us here in the Avenue. They live on in your memory, and also on the Avenue through the people that you have helped over the years.

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
I'm so sorry Mary Lynn!! Absolutely heartbreaking. Your dedication to Jasper and Hank is awe inspiring. I've learned and I know others too have learned so much from your journey with Jasper. And how diligent you were providing the best possible care for her. I'm terribly sorry :sorrow:

Big Blues

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
So VERY sorry, sweet Jasper‘s wings were ready but our hearts are not! Jasper was so special to me and her loved memories will always be with so many caring feathered companion caretakers. I see her and Hank flying together over the beautiful rainbow with a smile on their beaks and chatting; “I loved mom more than you did!” :heart:

Just-passn-thru

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
My deepest condolence ML ,you're devotion and determination have inspired many in the Avian community , my heart dropped when I saw you're post.

You served Hank and Jasper with exceptional caregiving and boundless love.

I am so sorry for your loss. It's never the right time no matter how much we prepare.
:darkcloud:

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Oh no Mary Lynn, I am so very sorry for your loss of Jasper.:sorrow: You both really did fight the good fight, and we all have learned so much through your dedication. There really are no words, and I can only imagine what a hard time this must be for you. It’s good that she’s at peace now, flying free with Hank. You did amazing by them both, and I hope you find peace and happiness in your memories.
:sadhug2:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I am so sorry. :sadhug: It's not fair. Y'all fought so hard and she was getting better. :sad10:

MiniMacaw

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
I know I’ve already told you how amazing Jasper was, but I also want to say thank you. Without your experience and expertise with Jasper (and of course Hank too) I would be floundering with Bowser and Seamus. Your advice is invaluable. If I didn’t have the back up I have with your knowledge, I may not have felt confident enough to take on Seamus. Jasper for sure had a part in his rescue and she is living on every time your experiences help another macaw in need. :sadhug2: