• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

JaKhu is going to drive me to drink!!

Toy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Today she figured out how to undo both latches on her cage door. Both have to be lifted up & slid over to open or the door won't open. I found her on the floor raiding the treat jar. She not only did it once, she did it twice. I watched her undo it the second time. She hangs upside down, lifts the latch & slides it over. Then she moved to the lower one & undid it. UGHH!! She can reach thru the bars & open the feeder doors too. The other day she opened the one feeder door & pushed the heavy crock out. It fell down onto the seed skirt, then into the bottom tray. OMG this bird is going to drive me to drink. She almost never stops moving from daylight to bedtime. She goes from one thing to the next trying to take it apart or destroy it. So now her cage door has a pad lock on it. Since we put it on she's been trying to figure out how to undo it too. She won't stay on her cage when out either. I don't know what else to do with her. I sure hope she will settle down as she gets a little older.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Keeping my fingers crossed she lets you keep your sanity! Lol.

Shannan

Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Shannan
My Walter did that when he was young. In fact when he was at the pet shop, he got out of his cage and opened every bag of bird food they had on the shelf. He went on sale for half price the next day and my Dad snagged him for me as a present. Lucky Me! He did have padlocks on his cage for a long long time, especially after he decided that it was great fun to climb into the guinea pig cage and pull hair out of the guinea pigs head. Hang in there! Mine mellowed out in time!

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
So uh, you gonna lock a couple of treats in a spare cage, and put several locks on it for her, for foraging/enrichment? :rofl:

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh, JaKhu! You are a beautiful menace!

Toy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So uh, you gonna lock a couple of treats in a spare cage, and put several locks on it for her, for foraging/enrichment? :rofl:
I doubt the locks would keep her out. OMG she is such a destroyer of anything. It's hard to imagine how a bird could be so strong & destructive.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
You have a smart girl! I sympathize. Lol. Elvis is a ball of motion too.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
I doubt the locks would keep her out. OMG she is such a destroyer of anything. It's hard to imagine how a bird could be so strong & destructive.
It's not meant to be impregnable. :lol: It's just so she's got something mentally stimulating to occupy her time with.