• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Jade's Vet Chronicles

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Cute! I like that it's a translucent pipe - makes it much less like a nest.

Has she taken a few little chomps out of the big block hanging behind her?
Yep! Although it doesn't get as much attention as her other toys. She will chew on anything that can fit in her beak!

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Jade has continued to be a sweet baby! I put a little bit of fleece in this big ferret tunnel, she seems to like it! She's munching on an almond in there right now :heart:

View attachment 340862
Cutest little buzzard ever!!!! I love the toy under her tunnel... where did that come from?

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
:congrats5:

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Do yall think Jade needs a nail trim? I noticed her feet aren't sitting flat, but if her nails are cut any shorter it would cut into the quick. What do yall think? I would take her to the vet to have it done, but I don't want to give her any unnecessary ouchies!

20200609_160630.jpg 20200609_160703.jpg

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
They don't look like they need a trim to me. The second photo you can see where the nerve is right towards the tip. What beautiful tootsies!

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
She is beautiful!!! And if the cheek at the vets office can live with her heart sounding like a “typewriter” (vets words) I believe your baby and your care will make for a lovely and long time together. Don’t be stressed, just enjoy her. Congrats!!!

ps. Nails are fabulous compared to my gangs.

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Ok I have another question. Is it normal for gccs to be super quiet? Jade is so darn quiet. She only makes noises when I leave the room, or when I cover her for bedtime (she gets angry lol).

She's not lethargic or anything, she's still tearing up toys like a colony of termites. She's very active, eats well and is always eager to play.

I wonder if it's just part of her adjusting? She hasn't even been here for a month yet, so she's still very new.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Don't have a gcc but I bet she's just getting settled in and will perk up with more time to get used to where she's at and how things work there.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Koopa was quiet unless I was in another room or Jingo got her going :) They don't do the barrage of chatter like I always hear budgies doing!

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Ok I have another question. Is it normal for gccs to be super quiet? Jade is so darn quiet. She only makes noises when I leave the room, or when I cover her for bedtime (she gets angry lol).

She's not lethargic or anything, she's still tearing up toys like a colony of termites. She's very active, eats well and is always eager to play.

I wonder if it's just part of her adjusting? She hasn't even been here for a month yet, so she's still very new.
I think she is still settling in and hasn't found her voice yet. Astro is fairly quiet until the evening. Rocket hangs out on her cage every evening. She doesn't let him touch her and he has no interest in her.. just her food and her toys. He'll fly back to his cage and she'll give it all she has noise wise. I'm not sure why she does that since they don't physically interact. She never fails to tell me to "Get Out" a few times when I'm at her cage. The other times she'll sound off is when she sees something out the window, a random flying bug that gets in the house or when the dogs bark. My baby green cheeks always raised a ruckus when I turned their lights out.
Enjoy the peace and quiet. :D

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Today I went out to Windy City Parrot, got some goodies for Jade! 2 bags of Worldly Cuisines, a bag of freeze dried banana and strawberries, some pumpkin seeds and some finger traps. Mitch and his wife were super nice, we made small talk about birds. They have so much stuff! Especially food, they have so many kinds of pellets!

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Today I went out to Windy City Parrot, got some goodies for Jade! 2 bags of Worldly Cuisines, a bag of freeze dried banana and strawberries, some pumpkin seeds and some finger traps. Mitch and his wife were super nice, we made small talk about birds. They have so much stuff! Especially food, they have so many kinds of pellets!
Nope... that's not going to be a spoiled bird! Now that you've had her for a short while.. how are you feeling about her? Love, fun, everything?

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Nope... that's not going to be a spoiled bird! Now that you've had her for a short while.. how are you feeling about her? Love, fun, everything?
She's just the sweetest little baby! She just wants to be on me every second she's out of the cage. I would move the earth moon and sky for this bird.

(This photo session was brought to you by: pumpkin seeds!)

20200617_185847.jpg
20200617_185311.jpg

Attachments

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
I have to ask because this is just the funniest thing: do any of your birds run backwards before they poop? Jade will always back up before she poops if she's not on a perch. It's a weird little quirk of hers, I guess. I think it's kinda funny, to be honest. Do any of your birds do this?