• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Jacob is sick

Status
Not open for further replies.

drop

Rollerblading along the road
Hope Jacob is continuing to improove. :hug8:

~Tiko~

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tammy
Healing vibes being sent for Jacob and many :hug8: for you! Your doing an great job with all the help you have been getting!

Jacob

Real Name
Herdis
Jacob continues to get better. I got two contact calls this morning and then he ate sunflower seeds dipped in applesauce mix and made appreciative noises. He is getting more vocal and makes his quiet sounds to chime in on the conversations between me and my boyfriend. I'm going to talk to the vet later today and discuss further treatment. It was not easy leaving for work this morning. I would rather have stayed at home to keep an eye on Jacob.

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Herdis I am glad you are seeing positive improvements. Please let us know what your vet says today.

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
I am glad that he is continuing to improve. Keep us posted on his progress.

Jacob

Real Name
Herdis
I went home for lunch and Jacob greeted us with his unclear "hello". He was happy to have company and came out to eat some sunflower seeds with applesauce and wipe his beak on my dress :rolleyes: His energy level is far from what is normal but he's obviously feeling better. He prefers though to return to his warm cage after eating. I didn't manage to call the vet during phone hours so I sent her an email and am waiting for a reply. What I'm wondering is when I can start to feed Jacob normal food and what kind of food I should give him to fatten him up a bit.

WingedVictory

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Gary
I would start feeding his normal diet right away. For extra fat you can give him shelled pine nuts, almonds and a few sunflower seeds. I would hold off giving him nuts in the shell for a bit.

gary

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
great news Jacob is improving!!! :hug8:

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
I am glad to hear that Jacob is starting to improve

Jacob

Real Name
Herdis
well I almost have my regular Jacob back. He's been showing me who's the boss, eating and drinking. Talked to the vet today and she likes his progress and doesn't feel he needs antibiotics. He can eat his regular food but I'm supposed watch out he doesn't over eat. I also have the probiotics so Jacob is getting some good bacteria in his tummy.

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
Great news Herdis!!

you have done a wonderful job with Jacob

:hug8:

Jacob

Real Name
Herdis
OK know I know he's feeling well. He's been trying to make some sweet lovin' to my hands. :rolleyes: Do you think we can say for sure know that he's male? :rofl:

thejoie

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
well I almost have my regular Jacob back. He's been showing me who's the boss, eating and drinking. Talked to the vet today and she likes his progress and doesn't feel he needs antibiotics. He can eat his regular food but I'm supposed watch out he doesn't over eat. I also have the probiotics so Jacob is getting some good bacteria in his tummy.

YAY!!!!!

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
OK know I know he's feeling well. He's been trying to make some sweet lovin' to my hands. :rolleyes: Do you think we can say for sure know that he's male? :rofl:
:rofl::rofl::rofl: :hug8:

Brigidt36

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
So glad Jacob is back to his loving self. Great news.

CeddysMum

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Astrid (formerly: 'featherbaby')
Oh that IS wonderful to read! I am so relieved!
Many hugs for you, Herdis, you really did great and you're a wonderful parront to Jacob! :hug8:

And please give him some extra nuts (unshelled) from me for being such a trooper! :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.