• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I've wanted a Hyacinth for a long time and I'm being offered one to rehome. What other questions should I be asking?

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
I've only saw a Hy once. Magnificent. They were in a pet shop I believe being sold by the owner. The Pet shop boards & I have seen a few nice large macaws. Just too much bird for me but I appreciate them for the lovely creation they are but just not right for a person in a small apartment so I have never had the desire to acquire one. Also the size intimidates me as I am a small female.

It's close & your interested. Can't hurt to look & learn.

Sounds like it does well with the husband. May like men but the husband just might remind
him of the owner. I don;t see the wife having the extra time to really work with the bird as
she has a massive flock.

Do update us.

Summzz

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Summer
Hi everyone, update time.
So I messaged her a few days ago and she got back to me. She said they decide to reconsider anyways and just keep their flock the way it is for now. She also said they were a little busy right now but would let me know when they are free to have me come over. I really hope that still happens but I have a doubtful feeling. Once again, thanks to everyone for the help, it has really brought up lots of good questions and will for sure help me the next time the opportunity comes around. I look forward to the update when I have found the perfect one! I still hope I will be able to go see her flock so fingers crossed.
Thanks again!

Hobgoblin

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Cate
I'd want to meet the bird (bring another person with you) before paying a rehoming fee (which you need to pay to make the hyacinth legally yours). Perhaps the number of scams reported to this forum are making me paranoid, but I'd want to verify it exists & secure my bird, in case she later changes her mind.
Absolutely do this!I have had horses my whole life. Do to their size and complicated care they often get rehomed. Make sure you have a bill of sale (you can get one on the internet very easily for free) and both of you sign it, even if the price is five dollars it covers you. Seen this go bad to many times so please make sure your t’s are crossed and your i’s are dotted.