• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

It's the glasses

NBGwen

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Gwen
I couldn't figure out why Kyra was biting me. She's always super lovey and rarely gets moody. She's my shadow. It finally clicked this afternoon - I'm working from home. I was wearing my work glasses ‍♀ I changed my glasses and now she's back to being my lovey girl. Oh my...
20231202_125104.jpg

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
So glad you found the reason :heart2: She’s so gorgeous

NBGwen

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Gwen
She's been through a couple of homes, so I'm not sure what makes her hate them. Same thing happened a few months ago when I worked from home, but I clued in faster LOL! She is beautiful girl, but my.work glasses just twist her the wrong way *facepalm* Side note - that symbol above waa supposed to be a facepalm emotion lol I don't know what happened!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Glad you figured it out :)

Cali

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Janet
She's a doll, and looks so curious - like where did they go?

My cockatiel loves to bite on mine, so I try to take them off. :lol:

NBGwen

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Gwen
I have 2 different frames - one for working on computers and one for everyday. She usually only sees me with my everyday ones - they have a red frame. She even launched at my face today - which really should have clued me in there and then because she NEVER bombs me. I blame being over tired LOL! My red frames do have nibble marks, but she loves them.

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
Her color is amazing! Need to see more pictures of her

WillowQ

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
I was trying to get a better picture, but she felt heart wings were way more important - a tiktok of Kyra loves me
Cluck cluck cluck.
Kyra definitely loves you. My Lucy (Quaker) used to do the cluck dance for me in her cage. It’s such a girl parrot thing.

Jasper (Meyers parrot) loathes my glasses and all facemasks and will go for me if I’m wearing them. Willow (Quaker) just tries to take them off and throw them. I had to be completely blind around him when I had a stye (a few weeks ago) because he would not tolerate the glasses at all. But they were very expensive and can’t get broken, so no glasses around either bird.

I think they just don’t quite recognize me with glasses.

NBGwen

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Gwen
Cluck cluck cluck.
Kyra definitely loves you. My Lucy (Quaker) used to do the cluck dance for me in her cage. It’s such a girl parrot thing.

Jasper (Meyers parrot) loathes my glasses and all facemasks and will go for me if I’m wearing them. Willow (Quaker) just tries to take them off and throw them. I had to be completely blind around him when I had a stye (a few weeks ago) because he would not tolerate the glasses at all. But they were very expensive and can’t get broken, so no glasses around either bird.

I think they just don’t quite recognize me with glasses.
I get the cluck dance every day, usually several times a day!

I honestly think that it's the colour of the frames. My husband's frames are very similar to my work ones - she doesn't like my husband much (not his fault, she's just attached to me). So, when I wear the work ones, I think she thinks I look too much like him with them on. Just a hunch lol!