• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Its Official he's Singing his Butt Off

wyrinth

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Yes, canaries are a lot cleverer than they let on. My father's canaries hate me because whenever I go over my dad decides I can help band them, or move them around, or Scatt them.....so whenever they see me they make their alarm peeps. Except for one summer when I had to take care of them for a month and that group of canaries would be pleased to see me after the second or third time I fed them. My canaries are so well behaved, I can't touch them :( But I have no trouble putting them back in their cage and sometimes they even go on a stick I'm holding :)

Mr Peepers

Cruising the avenue
Yes, canaries are a lot cleverer than they let on. My father's canaries hate me because whenever I go over my dad decides I can help band them, or move them around, or Scatt them.....so whenever they see me they make their alarm peeps. Except for one summer when I had to take care of them for a month and that group of canaries would be pleased to see me after the second or third time I fed them. My canaries are so well behaved, I can't touch them :( But I have no trouble putting them back in their cage and sometimes they even go on a stick I'm holding :)
They are incredible little birds with a whole lot of personality.. I feel for you wyrinth I wish I could have a hands on relationship with my bird as well but I can't see that happening.

Funny how your fathers birds didn't care for you despite banding and helping give scatt or moving them around with your father.. when they see they have YOU to give them their food and water they change their feelings and become so much more social. Smart arse little birds :rofl: