• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

It's hard but I'm thinking about rehoming..4 Parrotlets

SamanthaAV

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Life never goes quite the way you expect it to. After several moves over a short period of time we still are in a temperary living situation. My parrotlets suffer, not only with the lack of space they currently inbabit but with the lack of time I am able to spend with them. I don't want to rehome them but at the end of the day, knowing this nomatic lifestyle may be the status quo for a while I wonder if it is in their best interest to rehome them.

Xylabi (female) has become quite mean with the lack of attention, however I think her aggression may be in part due to living in the same room as her sisters, who have bullied her in the past.

Nesbit (male) has remained the same, he has always had a flighty personality. He's jumpy but sweet and enjoys shoulder time with enough coaxing.

Zephr and Zeplyn (both female) have become a pair, being so close. I'm doing everything I can to stop their nesting behaviors but they persist. They are both sweet and mean no harm unless you touch their food, but their playbites are just as bad as mean bites. In truth they are just nibble addicts with no gauge for pain.

We are in CA, please message me with inquires.

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I’m sorry to hear this, but find your honesty refreshing. I hope someone in the US can help. :bighug: