• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

It's been a while

Tvdv96

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tessa
Hello everyone,

It's been a while since I've been active on this forum. I was really busy with welcoming Sisi in to my home, spending time with her to get her adapted and some other stuff. (the thread I opened when I was going to meet her)
But I really missed this forum, and a few days ago I thought of this forum and decided to give an update. :joyful:

I'm still very much in love with Sisi, she is such a little sassy and funny girl. When she just arrived at my home she was very insecure and very skittish about a lot of stuff. But because of the information on this forum and a lot of time, she got more and more confident.
She went from almost no toys at her last owner and being afraid of them, to absolutely loving all her toys and destroying them all. :lol: She still needs a bit of time adjusting to new toys, but that's okay. She loves piñatas the most.

She also needed time to adjust to me in the beginning, but now she is just a little love bug. :xflove: During the day she always says 'kiss?' because she wants a kiss, she loves it. And when she wants some attention she will climb to the ground, walk towards me and say 'come' (not demanding at all:p).
She learned a lot of sounds, words and sentences.. And she's a little sassy lady. She learned to put a lot in to context.

She had an all seed diet when I got her, after a while I finally got her to transfer to pellets. I also got her to like apples and grapes, but I still haven't got any luck with other fruits and vegetables. I still keep trying with offering her many different things, but she's scared of most of the things I give her.. Or she flings it across the room :p. I recently bought a mix for some birdie bread, so I am going to try and make that in a little while.

And now to make this thread complete, a few pictures of my little love bug :heart:

IMG_20190129_155442.jpg

IMG_20191218_150324.jpg
She loves to try and eat my phone :lol:

Much love from me and Sisi:cagrf:

Yoshi&Raphi

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Raphi
What a cute girl and amazing transformation :heart:. Glad you’re back!

Nobirby

Jogging around the block
My vet had me watch a video on foraging. Putting their treats in paper cups then folding down the tops has been fun of all.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
She's beautiful! Welcome back!

LynnInColorado

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lynn
My vet had me watch a video on foraging. Putting their treats in paper cups then folding down the tops has been fun of all.
Love this. Attach to bars with thread or??