• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

It's been a month!

Snickerdoo

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Evelyn
Heya avian avenue! As of two days ago, it has officially been a month since I purchased Leaf! I am so glad I got him, he had brought me so much joy in the short time he's been here so far.
One of my biggest fears getting him was that, having been parent raised, he'd want nothing to do with me and be scared of me. But after about a week of nervously skirting around me, he started coming closer and responding to my whistles! Today, he happily sits on my head, shoulder, arm etc. and flies to me whenever I come into the room. He also doesn't let me leave the room without him, so I have to be especially careful I don't close the door on him. We haven't gotten to the point of scritches just yet, but I'm hopeful and I'd be happy if our level of contact stayed the way it is now.
When people recommended lovebirds to me and told me how much personality they had, I never believed them until I got Leaf. Now I fully understand the term 'big bird trapped in a tiny body'. I'm truly lucky and thankful to have such a wonderful little companion. Here's to a long time together!
P.S. Here's a picture of Leaf after he figured out that he could get to the seeds through the bag.
IMG_20201019_164159.jpg

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
:congrats5:

Tiel Feathers