• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures It's been 7 months with my inherited Texas Twosome

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
All is well with the Girls. We inherited two very well behaved dogs. Cuda, the German Shepherd has lost weight. She is very active and smart. She is very loving and is gaga head over heels for Dave.

Jett, is the wild child. She is very sweet to us. However, she is not nice if she sees anyone outside walking a dog outside in the yard. She wants to go after them. She's fearful of thunder, heavy rain. We did invest in a Thunder shirt. I haven't been home the last time we had any storm to see if it helped. Maybe some tomorrow and I will be home most of the day.

I still don't leave my other dogs out with Jett when I'm not home. She just can't be trusted, she's really a basket case brat.

We love them, we all miss their past master so much.

20210330_203254.jpg
Jett in her Camo shirt so cute

20210404_090637.jpg
She loves, loves blankets. Loves to scrunch them up.

20210128_164341.jpg
Cuda after grooming, every 8 weeks she gets a spa day.
20210128_211309.jpg
She's so foxy, getting that trim look, she's beautiful!

20210404_114948.jpg
My old blind Girl left, and my most prized boy Cappy my little monkey nugget.

We are at 4 doggies, and still miss my sweet Bella Gump 3 months tomorrow since she left us.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
What a cute pack you have! :swoon:

Gigibirds

Rollerblading along the road
Aww, they look so sweet!! :heart:

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Aww, they look so sweet!! :heart:
Thank you. They are all very good dogs. I've never had a challenge until Jett! But she loves me alot. Considering she wasn't too sweet back when I met her the first time in 2018. She was protective of her ill master. But she has really become my Girl.

Just understanding she's serious at times. But very sweet. We know her issues with People and other dogs. Just protective of us.

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So glad you helped their former owner & took them in! Whatever the circumstances, that would've helped give them peace before their passing.

:sorrow:

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
So glad you helped their former owner & took them in! Whatever the circumstances, that would've helped give them peace before their passing.

:sorrow:
Thank you. He was a lifetime best Friend. We were asked many years ago to take them if anything happened to him.

They were also included in his will to come to us.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Here is an update now that we are at 3 dogs since my loss of Bella in Jan, and Yonah last month.

Everything is good, everyone is happy, healthy. Jett, the Hound mix has found comfort on my bed when I'm not home. She may sneak up there at night, or the morning. She seems to be my cling on.

Cuda, the Shepherd is so sweet and loving. Listens amazingly and can be off leash outside of the yard to go check for squirrels.

She has lost almost all of the weight from when she got here. She is just stunning!

They both love the nature trails Dave takes them to, and they love water. I keep saying I will get them a pool soon, just what a pain to bring that home from the store.

20210520_141436.jpg
FB_IMG_1622916477000.jpg
20210520_214935.jpg
Then there was three. :heart:

Sparkles!

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@Love My Zons
Claire, what magic do you use to keep the drool off the glass door/windows on the deck!? It’s a battle we just can’t win at my house! Yours don’t look goobered at all!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
@Love My Zons
Claire, what magic do you use to keep the drool off the glass door/windows on the deck!? It’s a battle we just can’t win at my house! Yours don’t look goobered at all!
If you saw me on a daily basis, you'd see how. I constantly clean daily. Floors especially. Windows I get them once a week. If the blinds are closed better. Up, worse.

They are pretty neat and clean. Worst shedder, the Shepherd.

Dania

Strolling the yard
I love German Shepherds.

Sparkles!

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
If you saw me on a daily basis, you'd see how. I constantly clean daily. Floors especially. Windows I get them once a week. If the blinds are closed better. Up, worse.

They are pretty neat and clean. Worst shedder, the Shepherd.
We kill a vacuum every year. The Labradors are the worst offenders. The Malinois are bad too, but it’s the Labs that will make a clean house cry. We’re full on shed season here and we vacuum at least twice a day! I wish I could say mine are neat and clean. I envy you!

triciakoontz

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Trish Koontz
Very handsome pack! Oh, that gorgeous Shepherd. Can you now trust Jett out with everyone when you are gone? Very hard to manage a dog with those issues; you’ve done an awesome job!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Very handsome pack! Oh, that gorgeous Shepherd. Can you now trust Jett out with everyone when you are gone? Very hard to manage a dog with those issues; you’ve done an awesome job!
These two came here in September. Never saw a cat in their life, and ignored my almost 17 year old cat. He passed in November due to old age.

Fast forward into January, I lost my 15 plus year old Border Girl. They were fine with her. Last month, I had to let my 16 year old Aussie mix go. Jett and her were the issue since Yonah was blind. The Shepherd also would have an issue if she walked into her.

My last dog of my own is the Sheltie. He's a senior as well, but the Shepherd loves him, seems to guard him. Jett leaves him alone. It's peaceful here.

I know in the distant future another dog will grace the halls of my home. Might be rescue once again, maybe a sheltie from a breeder since they are my life love of all breeds. And one more puppy in life is all that I need.

Thanks for asking, there are no bad dogs truly. You get what you do, but the love they have and respect they are given allow them to learn how to just be good!

triciakoontz

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Trish Koontz
Your peaceful attitude is the key to the wonderful healing that’s happening. You’re all lucky to have found each other.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Your peaceful attitude is the key to the wonderful healing that’s happening. You’re all lucky to have found each other.
Thank you, we are blessed People Dave and myself for all we have and love.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Just a quick update here on the German Shepherd. Since we got her, she has lost a great deal of weight. The two went to the Vet last week for a checkup, update on a few vaccines and most of all they were both weighed.

Cuda the Shepherd last July weighed in between 88 and 90.9 lbs with her Vet visit in May and July. She is now 67.5 lbs! :wideyed: I actually had them re-weigh her because I was in disbelief.:blink: She has lost between 21-23 lbs in the last 10 months. Excercise, walks and portion control has really made the difference here.

Jett, she was once 65 lbs, she's now 58.

I will continue with their protocol of feedings, and of course they all get alot of treats during the day. :D

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Well it's been a year since the Girls have been here. A year since we lost our bestie.

They are doing great! Jett is my new bed buddy every night. She's a rock! I f8nd myself diagonal sometimes and can't wait til she ends up on her bed! She has lost weight too, but she's a food lover. So measure her portions I do. She's extremely whiney just with me. She's an oddball. Won't go out at night for a walk if it's dark. She will sniff Brian's truck every night. It's kind of sad :( he left his beautiful F150 to us as well. We sold our truck because two was ridiculous.

20210824_184454.jpg
Sketchy Jett
20210824_184512.jpg
Cuda nice and slim from the front. The last bit of fat oj her was over her shoulders she is a LOVE!
20210823_190012.jpg
Everyone is fine with my monkey nugget. Things are perfect with three. My heart still misses my other Girls, Bella is so missed by me everyday and that just sucks to where I just feel ill.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Beautiful dogs. I am glad that they have done to well with you. :)

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Beautiful dogs. I am glad that they have done to well with you. :)
Yes, things have surely worked out. Jett the mix is a total basket case. She's aggressive outside to other People and dogs. I guess she's my protector. Yet she's scared of sounds. She hides in the closet, or goes into Sophie's cage if she out of it and the door is open.

Can't figure her out.