• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

It's been 5 months

Mark & Da Boyz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
since BB came home and we've come a long way. For the first 2-3 months he started off unsure of everything and boy did he bite at first, as in bleeding and Band-Aids. He like Cheddar is very cage territorial and will chomp me good if he can catch me. When I get to Tampa I'm going to buy him a cage like I have for Cheddar, it has feeder doors and the flight cage BB is in doesn't. He's learned "Step Up" and is gaining trust, and that Scritches are a good thing. He also likes the food here I think...at least he's away "Tail Feathers Up" at meal time. He likes his baths and takes one every other day, he and Cheddar seem to have this worked out to make the most mess between them they can.

He'll will still nip a bit but is more a "Climbing Bite" than anything at this point...he needs to learn where shirt stop and skin starts.

He and Cheddar tolerate each other but I wouldn't say that are friends but at least they aren't fighting. I do have hope they will come around.

BB's flight feathers have grown back in but he still would rather not fly, looks for the "Pop Cab" when he wants a lift. He will fly back to his cage when he wants to.
He's a good little guy and I hope he continues to make headway like he's done.

BTW if you ever get the chance to take in a rescue/rehome do so, it is the most rewarding thing you will ever do. See BB coming out of his shell little by little are a wonderful reward.

5 months home.jpg

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
So cute!

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
He is adorable

Mark & Da Boyz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
He already likes to snuggle too! right up to the back of my neck ands plays with my hair, short as it is. I wonder what he do with one of you ladies long hair?