• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

It's all about the Noodle, my Goldie's Lorikeet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artagiel

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Haley
Hello!

I am the proud mother of the most amazing Goldie's Lorikeet ever (in my eyes anyway). Meet Noodle, a two year DNA sexed female Goldie's.

I have been her caretaker for over a year now, she came into my life during a rough patch during my divorce and managed to keep me going through it all. Most people will take in birds to save them but I really think having her in my life at that point in time saved ME and for that I am forever in her little feathered debt.

When I got her it was an impulse purchase which it should not have been BUT I would like to think in her case it turned out for the best. I went insane trying to find out how to keep her healthy and happy and made sure that she would want for nothing, even if I was hard pressed to find good info on how to meet her needs.

She is messy, loud at times, feisty but all of that just makes her all the more precious to me. I would not change a thing about her and she likewise accepts me as I am.

I recently saw her species posted in Bird Talk magazine and got all excited, I want everyone to know how amazing these little birds are. She is so much fun to watch and listen to. She is an acrobat when she plays, a sweet singer and a total clown when she decides she wants my attention and starts alternating noisy kisses and the little tongue click I make to lure her over, top that off with her imitating my giggle and I don't mind as much when she decides to talk to the birds outside...contact calling at a pitch that makes me wonder if birds can shatter glass by vocalization.

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
such a beautiful bird thanks for sharing your story :hug8:

Cydney

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Cydney
I absolutely love Goldies and Noodle is entirely the cutest little Goldies there is. :) Thanks for sharing your story. It's amazing how big of an impact they have on us. :heart:

Artagiel

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Haley
Thanks! <3 She is my little green angel, even when she tries to charge at her Cockatiel sibblings.

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Beautiful!!!

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month