• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

It is snowing on AA

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
The AA snow is beautiful and I was looking forward to seeing it again this year!
Having said that I now need to admit that if it snowed where I lived I would be either miserable or packing my belongings to move :lol: I love looking at pictures of the snow but I do not like living where it gets cold enough to regularly snow or freeze your water pipes.

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Just realised that it’s 23 degrees outside today where I am and I’m cold and dressed like its winter.... I think I would die in the weather you guys talk about! I’m not as tough as you lot :marlenesmile:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Just realised that it’s 23 degrees outside today where I am and I’m cold and dressed like its winter.... I think I would die in the weather you guys talk about! I’m not as tough as you lot :marlenesmile:
-1 here :lol:

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
The weather outside is frightful, but in here it's cozy, warm and delightful. LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW, as long as I DON'T have to shovel it what do I care¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
That’s like just ridiculous @Mizzely!

Haha I can just imagine how stupid I’d look if I lived there and had to leave the house.... have you seen them adult onesies made out of doonas? I’d have one of them on over the top of my whole wardrobe :rofl:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
That’s like just ridiculous @Mizzely!

Haha I can just imagine how stupid I’d look if I lived there and had to leave the house.... have you seen them adult onesies made out of doonas? I’d have one of them on over the top of my whole wardrobe :rofl:
Lol I went outside today in a hoodie :lol:

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Lol! I love the cold. I can't stand anything over 20 degrees :lol: -15 with maybe some sun is my optimal day.
I love our summers. I’m anxiously waiting for our above 40 days. -15? You’re talking Fahrenheit yes?? I’m gonna have to convert that to Celsius so I have an idea of the actual temperature you’re talking about. I’m guessing it’s gonna scare me!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
My -1 was Celsius. It's 29F here right now. My favorite temps are about 55 to 70 F or 12 to 21 C. Anything over 75/23 and I'm glad there are lots of lakes because I'm going swimming :lol:

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
My -1 was Celsius. It's 29F here right now. My favorite temps are about 55 to 70 F or 12 to 21 C. Anything over 75/23 and I'm glad there are lots of lakes because I'm going swimming :lol:
Ohhhh -1 C..... that’s not as bad as I thought then. It’s still horrible because it’s cold but no where near as bad as I originally thought it was lol.
It has to be mid to high 40’s for me to even think about swimming and the water better be warm not cold! Lol

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Ohhhh -1 C..... that’s not as bad as I thought then. It’s still horrible because it’s cold but no where near as bad as I originally thought it was lol.
It has to be mid to high 40’s for me to even think about swimming and the water better be warm not cold! Lol
lol Lake Michigan is never warm :rofl:

Yeah -1 C is pretty tame. It has been getting as cold as -35 C here the last few years though! That's a little too cold even for me :laughing2:

Khizz

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I love it when it snows...riiight up until the end of the festive period...then when it sticks around till end of February I'm sick of it :lol:

Got to say, I miss England though, because in Switzerland if it snows like this you better dig out your car and get to work! Never even heard of a snow day :(

FB_IMG_1575094270639.jpg Screenshot_20191130_071641.jpg Screenshot_20191130_071703.jpg
My in-laws' ducks also need a path regularly shovelled from their stall to the pond.

(it hasn't snowed here yet, it's on its way! These pics are from the last few years)

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
My youngest brother is known for going out to exercise the dogs barefoot, just wearing shorts and a t-shirt out in the snow. :cautious:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
My youngest brother is known for going out to exercise the dogs barefoot, just wearing shorts and a t-shirt out in the snow. :cautious:
I'm not that insane lol. Though I usually don't put away my flip flops until the snow is over my toes :rofl: