• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

It Has Been a While

Spearmint

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Elk [He/They]
What macaw is he? Stunning!

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
He’s so gorgeous :heart:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
He's not shy about saying no thanks I see. I've been bitten by a B&G on my thumb and it made quite the crunching sound and swelled up and bled quite a bit. That was about 14 years ago and I've never forgotten it. The Power in their beaks is truly awe inspiring.
It truly is, but you do learn to read them. Fortunately, he has only broken skin four times in almost fourteen years. My how time flies!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
What a beauty :heart:

Did you buy or adopt him?
Thank you. I purchased him. They are very hard to find, and I have never heard of any being put up for adoption. That does not mean that it does not happen, I have just never heard of it other than birds being rehomed for a fee by a private owner.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Never heard of those before! He is a very very pretty birdie :)
They are a critically endangered species and no where near as many blue-throated macaws were sent to the United States as blue-and-gold macaws. I would assume that the same is true of Australia. The sad truth is that the pet trade left them on the verge of extinction with at one point there being less than 50 left in the wild from their peak known population of thousands. Luckily, the hard work of people such as the late Laney Rickman and her still working non-profit, there are now more than 400 in the wild!

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It truly is, but you do learn to read them. Fortunately, he has only broken skin four times in almost fourteen years. My how time flies!
Wow! 14 years that's so wonderful that yall have been together so long :heart:

Nnbal

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Nnbal
He is so beautiful. :heart:
You were together for a huge 14 years. This is great.
I hope I can be like this with Pasha.
No matter how naughty they are, I think the love for them is one of the most innocent and precious loves in this life.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
He is so beautiful. :heart:
You were together for a huge 14 years. This is great.
I hope I can be like this with Pasha.
No matter how naughty they are, I think the love for them is one of the most innocent and precious loves in this life.
Going by your posts, you have a wonderful relationship with Pasha!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
They are a critically endangered species and no where near as many blue-throated macaws were sent to the United States as blue-and-gold macaws. I would assume that the same is true of Australia. The sad truth is that the pet trade left them on the verge of extinction with at one point there being less than 50 left in the wild from their peak known population of thousands. Luckily, the hard work of people such as the late Laney Rickman and her still working non-profit, there are now more than 400 in the wild!
I don’t think we have them here, if we do then I’ve never heard of anyone with one.

Spearmint

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Elk [He/They]
That's awful, I dont understand how people can value money and trade over an animal.

However, that's really lovely that there's not over 400 in the wild! I love hearing things like that :)

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
It's good to see him!