• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

It happened. I have been chosen!

• Thread starter M.C Bird Rescue
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

M.C Bird Rescue

As you may have read I have felt very sad about Lola's progress and plucking..I have good news, and OK news coming but first I want to recap on Lola and my 8 week adventure...so here it is!

Lola came here after being abused by her previous owner and because of her plucking. Lola was scared of all handling, hands, feet, walking near her...etc. I was unable to actually handle her for 7 weeks of this journey.

After about 2 weeks I taught her coming off her cage to me was FUN and would place nuts and toys around the bottom of her cage on the floor. With some coaxing she came down to grab nuts/toys, etc.
After a week of her climbing onto my floor for treats she walked over to me, and would step up onto my hand. She would nip my skin in my inner arm and I would place her directly back onto her cage..with a stern..NO OUCH!
Her feathers began to grow back in and she was looking great.

The christmas tree I think is what set off the plucking..we are removing it tomorrow and she has been getting daily baths...BUT...I think what has happened NOW will also help!

Lola and I have come to an agreement. I do NOT push her, and she does NOT bite me. Good rule..right! hahhahha
So before she would bite my legs if I sat with her in a chair. Today, she regurgitated on them, and I allowed her to beak my fingers, knuckles, and all over me..NO FACE. We are moving in a great direction..she regurgitated on me..but I am pretty used to vomit here.

I am so happy that Lola has come out of her shell. She is awesome, sweet now, and understands that we have an arangement! I won't EVER push her like her previous home did....and she will not BITE me like she did the previous guy..I saw it..NASTY bites!

She is doing so great....She even walked on my hand to the shower today..first time I have not had to towel her to get her in there. AWESOME!
:heart:

Time, Patience, and love helped her along. I love her dearly..she is MY girl!

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
This is so heartwarming. I am absolutely tearing up to read this. I know what a remarkable thing it is to have one of these beauties choose you. You are a lucky woman, and she is a lucky bird :hug8:

M

M.C Bird Rescue

This is so heartwarming. I am absolutely tearing up to read this. I know what a remarkable thing it is to have one of these beauties choose you. You are a lucky woman, and she is a lucky bird :hug8:
AWW thanks Holiday..Now..to get her to NOT regurgitate..hahahahahah
I love her, and it has been a road of ups and downs but we won. LOL. Both of us.
Thank you for all of the kind words and support through this ride, you have been there from the begining.

How is your RFM?? I bet you are LOVING her. hahahha

Birdasaurus

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Andrea
That's such wonderful news! I'm so very happy for both of you!!

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
How is your RFM?? I bet you are LOVING her. hahahha
:lol:she's a little pepper-pot, this one :D Has a lot of fire, y'know? But, she can also be very sweet, and I do love her. :heart:

M

M.C Bird Rescue

:lol:she's a little pepper-pot, this one :D Has a lot of fire, y'know? But, she can also be very sweet, and I do love her. :heart:

HAHAHAHAHA....GOOD TIMES!!! Macaw LOVE! LOLOLOL

Missi

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Missi
HOORAY!!! :highfive: :heart: :hug8:

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Very good stuff Crystal!!! :hug8:

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
As you may have read I have felt very sad about Lola's progress and plucking..I have good news, and OK news coming but first I want to recap on Lola and my 8 week adventure...so here it is!

Lola came here after being abused by her previous owner and because of her plucking. Lola was scared of all handling, hands, feet, walking near her...etc. I was unable to actually handle her for 7 weeks of this journey.

After about 2 weeks I taught her coming off her cage to me was FUN and would place nuts and toys around the bottom of her cage on the floor. With some coaxing she came down to grab nuts/toys, etc.
After a week of her climbing onto my floor for treats she walked over to me, and would step up onto my hand. She would nip my skin in my inner arm and I would place her directly back onto her cage..with a stern..NO OUCH!
Her feathers began to grow back in and she was looking great.

The christmas tree I think is what set off the plucking..we are removing it tomorrow and she has been getting daily baths...BUT...I think what has happened NOW will also help!

Lola and I have come to an agreement. I do NOT push her, and she does NOT bite me. Good rule..right! hahhahha
So before she would bite my legs if I sat with her in a chair. Today, she regurgitated on them, and I allowed her to beak my fingers, knuckles, and all over me..NO FACE. We are moving in a great direction..she regurgitated on me..but I am pretty used to vomit here.

I am so happy that Lola has come out of her shell. She is awesome, sweet now, and understands that we have an arangement! I won't EVER push her like her previous home did....and she will not BITE me like she did the previous guy..I saw it..NASTY bites!

She is doing so great....She even walked on my hand to the shower today..first time I have not had to towel her to get her in there. AWESOME!:heart:

Time, Patience, and love helped her along. I love her dearly..she is MY girl!
Congratulations! You are both very lucky to have each other.:heart:

onthewingsofmacaws

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Patricia
You must be feeling so proud of her she has come a long way in a very short time. I know exactly how you feel My Chatot that I've had for 7 weeks and 2 days has finaly stopped biteing and lunging and has finally decided that he wants to be with me just as much as I want to be with him. He has always had a man as his prefered person even though he's young he knows what he likes I've seen first hand when we are out how he wiil go to any man and allow scritches from them. but now he loves me we have really started to developed a very close and special bond It sounds to me like you and Lola and you are well on your way to be forming that very speciel bond as well . I'm so happy for you two because I know what its like to be finally excepted and loved by a bird that may have never trully excepted you and then to your amazment change almost overnight. Good for you and all that love you have showed her she has responded to you love wonderfully. Thats really great news:heart::heart::heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.