• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures It finally happened, meet Runa. (SAD UPDATE #31)

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
I'm so sorry for your loss, and all the bad luck you had all in a row. :sadhug2:Thank you for giving Runa all the love in the world when she really needed you. I hope all great things come to you and your family now.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Lisa, I am so sorry about all the bad things. Someone is trying to knock you down. Think of all the GOOD you have done, and all the love you've dished out to your rescues!

I just had my business account card stolen. I lost $7,000 and filed a dispute on Wed. Among other things, they spent money on the liquor store ($460) and a brand spanking new computer $2500. This is better than last time though, when they stole my identity and took all our joint account money. It truly sucks, and the first time, with the personal account, it took 3 weeks to get money back. This time I can wait but it is still frustrating, and you feel somewhat violated.

When you do a lot of rescue or general save-the-world activities, there are times when you give and times when you need to be built back up. You need nourishment, kiddo. Sit back and relax. Get a massage or a facial, rest, nap. Listen to Tara Brach meditations or Brene Brown talks. Read a book. Whatever recharges your batteries, that's what you need; be very kind to yourself. As your glass fills, you will slowly start to feel like rescuing again -- but wait a while. Make sure it's all the way full first. ;)

Many hugs :bluhug:

Nikomania

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Oh my goodness, I completely missed reading about Runa's passing. I'm so sorry to hear about Runa's passing. I'm at a complete loss for words...You are in my thoughts and prayers for strength and healing.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I'm so sorry you've had such a rough time :( Feels so unfair that it happens to the best of people

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I am so sorry. Hugs.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am sorry for your loss.

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
I am so very sorry for your loss and the bad times that you’re having

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I am so very sorry for your loss of Runa and all of the grief for the other events. I have often wanted to tell my sister God gives me the hard stuff because she couldn't deal with what I've been through and still go through. I do believe, the rescues you've taken under your care were God given for your pure devotion and love. I don't believe they were taken so soon because He knows you are strong.... it was where they were supposed to be for what short life they had left, with a loving care giver, and He knows what strengths you have. All of God's Blessings dearie.. and more.

MiniMacaw

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
Thank you everyone, so much, for the all of the kind words and thoughts. It really does mean a lot to me that everyone here is so wonderful and caring. I couldn’t pull up the thread for a couple days and read any of it as I tried to strengthen up a bit, but now that I’ve read it all I’m so grateful for everyone.