• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures It’s here! CockatooJohn’s giant corner hardwood perch!

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Maybe held in customs... My entire box w/ the landing perch had been cut open & searched. Then they half buttedly taped it together.

If John didn't saran wrap all the parts, I'm sure there woulda been missing parts...

John does brilliantly :heart2: wrap these!!!

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Love that perch, and I sure am thinking your birds do too! Very cool.

Wow @Rain Bow - sounds like you were lucky to receive that landing perch after customs got done with the search! Thank goodness for wrapped parts.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
They will never wear that thing out. It is rock hard. lol

The one you bought today is not as hard but still a good medium hardwood. We'll see if Rudy has a taste for Canadian Mayday wood. It's like XXX birdnip. :D

Maybe held in customs... My entire box w/ the landing perch had been cut open & searched. Then they half buttedly taped it together.

If John didn't saran wrap all the parts, I'm sure there woulda been missing parts...

John does brilliantly :heart2: wrap these!!!
It happens to me every so often. I'm sure it's because of the natural wood. If I deal directly I often try to disguise (be very generic) about what's inside on the documentation but a place like Etsy does the paperwork and I lose control over that.

I'm sick and tired of things arriving broken because some 2 bit delivery driver kicked that package all the way from the truck to the door. :extremeanger::tmsmakesme:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
They will never wear that thing out. It is rock hard. lol

The one you bought today is not as hard but still a good medium hardwood. We'll see if Rudy has a taste for Canadian Mayday wood. It's like XXX birdnip. :D

It happens to me every so often. I'm sure it's because of the natural wood. If I deal directly I often try to disguise (be very generic) about what's inside on the documentation but a place like Etsy does the paperwork and I lose control over that.

I'm sick and tired of things arriving broken because some 2 bit delivery driver kicked that package all the way from the truck to the door. :extremeanger::tmsmakesme:
l
Hey John, will the caiques get stuck in the medium one’s gap? Do you have any of the giant ones left? What wood is that?

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Gap? I don’t understand.

Its from a Mayday berry tree in my backyard. Every species of bird around here feeds on that tree. It’s still a hardwood but not like Apple. That stuff is almost like manzanita.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Gap? I don’t understand.

Its from a Mayday berry tree in my backyard. Every species of bird around here feeds on that tree. It’s still a hardwood but not like Apple. That stuff is almost like manzanita.
The region between the perch and the bars . Rudy is a chewer and I don’t want him to chew bitter wood or he will never go on the perch agaiin, I was thinking of swapping the caiques one with the medium one you sent today

he totally avoids the apple branches one on his cagetop

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
I hear ya... and I can so relate.
I have a postal carrier that LOVES to toss my package as FAR UP as she can toss it when she THROWS it the heck over my gate in my front yard! I believe she missed her calling, or maybe she plays on a league after work, and is getting in her practice all day!

:shocked1::zipped1:

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Simply beautiful, well thought out... for ALL the AA floofs best movements & comforts while encouraging the playing & flying instincts!

Yes the postal carriers.... I just had stuff delivered to my neighbors porch today from UPS. My neighbor had her package delivered to my house on Thursday. It seems the person (s?) has the even & odd house #'s reversed for street sides. Why, who knows apparently they cannot make a match between the address # on the box's & the address # on the houses.... :bignono::banghead: