• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Issues with return key.

Monaco

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
I know, super weird. If I hit enter/return my keyboard vanishes. It's similar to the issue with the backspace making lines disappear or triggering a type over mode. It's just on aa. I'm trying a new keyboard, so maybe it will stop..

Nope,

Missing
Still
Crazy, right?!

Monaco

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
No, the phone. I tried the grammarly keyboard and SwiftKey. I don't want to turn on the Google keyboard, but I'll test it...

Nope...
None of them work. It's exhausting to get to the next line. Another lesson from the universe on patience, I guess.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
It's an issue with Chrome currently. You can try a different browser (Firefox, etc) in the meantime

Monaco

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
Bummer! Chrome has disappointed in so many ways over the years. Maybe I should convert? Are there things Firefox can't do? I guess I will find out tomorrow.

Reactions: Ali

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
This just started happening to me this morning! It stinks, but I'm just so glad it's not just operator error. :yes4:

Another fix if you want to use chrome is to toggle the BB code button off. Chrome is working on a fix.

View attachment 352493
Thank you for this work around. When I tried to backspace I could only do 1 letter at a time. You've got to really mean it! typing.gif

I've got a post from this morning with a random word in it courtesy of autocomplete that didn't go away when I hit backspace before I realized it was an issue. :bored:

Monaco

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
This just started happening to me this morning! It stinks, but I'm just so glad it's not just operator error. :yes4:

Thank you for this work around. When I tried to backspace I could only do 1 letter at a time. You've got to really mean it! View attachment 353364

I've got a post from this morning with a random word in it courtesy of autocomplete that didn't go away when I hit backspace before I realized it was an issue. :bored:
Mine started working a couple days ago, but it's handy to use the gear trick for next time.