• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Isopods!

riddick07

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
I remember someone bringing these guys up & thought I’d share a few of my colonies going right now. I have about 20ish species/morphs at the moment.

Porcellio bolivari - One of my favorites but taking a long time to get going. I’m finally seeing little white babies running around.

Cubaris sp. ‘Blonde Ducky’ - These guys are being annoying & wont produce at all for me so far.

Porcellio hoffmannseggi ‘Black’

Cubaris sp. ‘Panda King’

Armadillidium maculatum 'Chocolate Zebra'

Armadillidium maculatum ‘Zebra’

Cubaris sp "Pak Chong"

Armadillidium peraccae ‘Purple’

Porcellio haasi ‘High Yellow’ - These are my favorite that I own, the colony has really started to get going with all ages.

Porcellio ornatus 'Chocolate High Yellow' - Newest arrival

Kiwi's Dad

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
Those are some cool colors :eek: Such a shame that the Blonde Duckys won't produce for you :(

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
We have something similar outside… grey ones. I call them rollie pollies because they roll up in a ball if you touch them. What do you do with them?

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I can't tell if they're in the water or on land. They kind of look like trilobites.

riddick07

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
We have something similar outside… grey ones. I call them rollie pollies because they roll up in a ball if you touch them. What do you do with them?
Same type of thing. Theres something like 10,000 species between water & land ones. Either just to own & look at or you can use them in bioactive as part of a clean up crew. Right now I'm just owning to look at but I want to use them in a few setups. There's also springtails in each bin with them. Those like mold stuff which happens a lot with the goldfish food I throw in.

I can't tell if they're in the water or on land. They kind of look like trilobites.
These guys are all land species!

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Same type of thing. Theres something like 10,000 species between water & land ones. Either just to own & look at or you can use them in bioactive as part of a clean up crew. Right now I'm just owning to look at but I want to use them in a few setups. There's also springtails in each bin with them. Those like mold stuff which happens a lot with the goldfish food I throw in.

These guys are all land species!
Would you use them in the setups with the chameleons? If they’re the cleanup crew you wouldn’t want them to end up as breakfast lunch or dinner. Interesting!

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Big question…. Have you ever heard of lawn shrimp? I never knew they existed until one evening I’m sitting in my living room and see a small creature crawling across the carpet in an awkward way. I watched for a second and thought… my Gawd that’s a large flea!!!! Get my magnifying glass to look at it better and it looks like a large flea in a way. So, I google “mega flea” and come across articles and photos of … lawn shrimp! Yes, there’s a technical name but I’ll let you google it. Just type in your search bar lawn shrimp. I’ve seen a few in the house… they must ride in on the dogs fur. I’ve seen some in the garage too… dead. A pretty interesting read though!! Who knew!?