• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

ISO: Looking for a cage

Chomskypom

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Chom (pronouns they/them)
"flight cage" is kind of a marketing term, I think. As far as I can tell it mostly refers to a cage that's wide rather than tall, which sounds like it would be good for your bird and her special wing: lots of space but it's not a long way to fall if she should lose her balance.
I've been down the rabbit hole of looking for a cage that meets your size and price specifications and I haven't found anything yet. There are a few 18x30x18 cages for around $40 new, but that's 9720 cubic inches vs the size you said in your first post which is 10,560 cubic inches. If I'm doing my math correctly, which I can't promise :rofl:

Anyway, if Baylee is okay in her current cage for now, it might be worth saving for a while (I'm sorry if that isn't in the cards for you! I'm not trying to make you feel bad, just letting you know what I found in my research). If for instance the $80 bracket might be accessible in a few months, there are tons of bigger cages to choose from. And if in the meantime you find a nice used cage, then you have a little extra for toys or something :heart2:

Crazy4parrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María
"flight cage" is kind of a marketing term, I think. As far as I can tell it mostly refers to a cage that's wide rather than tall, which sounds like it would be good for your bird and her special wing: lots of space but it's not a long way to fall if she should lose her balance.
I've been down the rabbit hole of looking for a cage that meets your size and price specifications and I haven't found anything yet. There are a few 18x30x18 cages for around $40 new, but that's 9720 cubic inches vs the size you said in your first post which is 10,560 cubic inches. If I'm doing my math correctly, which I can't promise :rofl:

Anyway, if Baylee is okay in her current cage for now, it might be worth saving for a while (I'm sorry if that isn't in the cards for you! I'm not trying to make you feel bad, just letting you know what I found in my research). If for instance the $80 bracket might be accessible in a few months, there are tons of bigger cages to choose from. And if in the meantime you find a nice used cage, then you have a little extra for toys or something :heart2:
My mom told me ( she is the one paying it) that no more than 50$ which is why my only option is a used cage in good condition. My mom said she doesn’t want me buying a bigger cage a few inches doesn’t matter ie 25x30x30

Crazy4parrots

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María

Well don’t know how long it will last as the bottom tray is breaking on the left side.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I think I looked at the wrong cage.

Chomskypom

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Chom (pronouns they/them)
oh oof, I'm sorry! Good luck on your used search then, that does sound like your best bet. Some other apps to try might be OfferUp (it used to be called Letgo and I pretty regularly see parrot cages on there in my area) and Nextdoor (more of a social network, but it's neighborhood-based and people do post used stuff for sale on there).

Crazy4parrots

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María

JewellBird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Miranda
Yes can be but it’s not available or so it’s says that to me. Sometimes things available in Amazon for me aren’t available in USA and viceversa.
Hmm... that's odd it says it's available and I'm in the US too. I did a quick search though and found the same one available at Petco for the same price that can be shipped or picked up at a local Petco after purchasing it. Here's the link: https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostore/product/you-and-me-finch-rectangle-flight-cage-2430872?cm_mmc=PSH-_-GGL-_-SPP-_-PME-_-PET-_-AQU-_-0-_-PM_GGL_FY20_SBU04_PrivateLabel-You&Me_PLA-SMRT-_-0-_-0&gclid=Cj0KCQjw28T8BRDbARIsAEOMBcw43rFUw8ISaR7ksi1oeRgSAg-Nk7aM2l6-CtjD-6cZ5H1mXoAA0nMaAqx7EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Crazy4parrots

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María
Hmm... that's odd it says it's available and I'm in the US too. I did a quick search though and found the same one available at Petco for the same price that can be shipped or picked up at a local Petco after purchasing it. Here's the link: https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostore/product/you-and-me-finch-rectangle-flight-cage-2430872?cm_mmc=PSH-_-GGL-_-SPP-_-PME-_-PET-_-AQU-_-0-_-PM_GGL_FY20_SBU04_PrivateLabel-You&Me_PLA-SMRT-_-0-_-0&gclid=Cj0KCQjw28T8BRDbARIsAEOMBcw43rFUw8ISaR7ksi1oeRgSAg-Nk7aM2l6-CtjD-6cZ5H1mXoAA0nMaAqx7EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
I’m not in USA which is why I see different options in Amazon. Wow I checked Petco and Petsmart and didn’t saw this!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Maria, I think that finch breeder cage would be perfect! (the one linked above 18x30x18) I had one for Adelie when she was a baby (she is special needs, closed foot). I gave the cage away to my neighbour and Charlie lives in it now. See if your family in Florida can find it linked somewhere it can be delivered to them. They are quite light too so shipping over to you shouldn´t be as bad as a heavy flight cage :)

Crazy4parrots

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María
Maria, I think that finch breeder cage would be perfect! (the one linked above 18x30x18) I had one for Adelie when she was a baby (she is special needs, closed foot). I gave the cage away to my neighbour and Charlie lives in it now. See if your family in Florida can find it linked somewhere it can be delivered to them. They are quite light too so shipping over to you shouldn´t be as bad as a heavy flight cage :)
Sorry that’s super small I prefer the one of Petco that JewelBird posted.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Sorry that’s super small I prefer the one of Petco that JewelBird posted.
That is the cage I am talking about.

Crazy4parrots

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María
Oh ok I looked it up in google and it came up tiny cages.
That is the cage I am talking about.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

Crazy4parrots

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María
So I decided I will go with the 30x18x18 so I found one on 35$ new condition but it’s in Milwaukee soo way too far from Florida so I have no choice but to choose the 41$ of petco. Sighs 35$ was great too but oh well!