• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

ISO BTM aviary/breeder

ItWasntMe

Moving in
Real Name
Leah
Hello! I’m new to this sight and I’m looking for blue throated macaw breeders. I’ve had trouble finding any so far (that aren’t in Illinois/Florida and won’t ship). I’d prefer a breeder in California. I’m in Sacramento but I don’t mind a drive. If anyone knows where I can find a blue throated macaw please let me know where! Thank you :)

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
In the last ten years or so the prices of macaws have raised substantially. Additionally, since blue-throats can not be sold across state lines, quite a few breeders have stopped breeding them as there are much fewer possible buyers. That has also caused the rise in price for this species.

Matto

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
Not sure but I'd have to imagine there's at least a few BTM breeders in California. I'd try calling bird stores around the state. Even if they don't have one they might be able to point you in the right direction.

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I do not know if she currently has any, or what she charges, but Rita of Avian Adventures Aviary Baby Parrots, Macaw breeder, Parrot breeder, Cockatoo breeder has an amazing reputation.
Looks like she has one now, it says $2,500 at the bottom of the page.

Beachybird

Meeting neighbors

jzarc17

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jackie

ItWasntMe

Moving in
Real Name
Leah
For those that haven't seen, this is important....

View attachment 349050

Sorry it's small. Hopefully you can zoom in and read it
Look man, it’s really not cool hat you’re trying to convince other people to not help me achieve my dream bird. Just because there’s no reason for me to over-pay for a bird, doesn’t mean I’m incapable of providing a fulfilling and supportive life. I’d appreciate it if you left me and my parrot journey alone, thank you.

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Look man, it’s really not cool hat you’re trying to convince other people to not help me achieve my dream bird. Just because there’s no reason for me to over-pay for a bird, doesn’t mean I’m incapable of providing a fulfilling and supportive life. I’d appreciate it if you left me and my parrot journey alone, thank you.
1. You have no right to tell me my opinion us not valid
2. I am telling you this because here we all care for birds and you (to me) don't seem to realise how expensive bird keeping is.

3. You leave ME alone as I haven't done anything wrong. Thanks.

ItWasntMe

Moving in
Real Name
Leah
1. You have no right to tell me my opinion us not valid
2. I am telling you this because here we all care for birds and you (to me) don't seem to realise how expensive bird keeping is.

3. You leave ME alone as I haven't done anything wrong. Thanks.
I have the right to my own opinion as well and it is that your opinion is invalid, due to the fact that you have poor support to it. You also do not know me and I don’t need to prove myself or my knowledge to you either. No matter how hard it’s going to be, I’m going to find myself my dream bird. I have one and I have grown up around them. I understand your concern however your judgement and assumptions are sad.

• Wow
Reactions: Ali

ItWasntMe

Moving in
Real Name
Leah
The reason they won't ship is because Blue Throated Macaws can't be sold over state lines ;)

@Macawnutz ?
Right, however it is possible to obtain a permit to do so, although I’ve found that it is rare, which is understandable. Thanks though! ;)

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
however your judgement and assumptions are sad.
Like yourself...

I have one a
What type?

You also do not know me and I don’t need to prove myself or my knowledge to you eithe
Maybe if you told us more and your experience I'll change my mind.

I have the right to my own opinion as well and it is that your opinion is invalid, due to the fact that you have poor support to it
So now your going against forum rules? I understand you have an opinion and I respect it, I just don't think you know quite what your doing from what we know of you.

You shouldn't get a bird because it us your dream, you should get a bird because you know you can put in all the time and expense to go with it.

My opinion matters. I can change my views on you, but give me a reason to first. At the moment I have no reason to respect your opinion, but I do as it is part of being a good person.

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
your opinion is invalid, due to the fact that you have poor support to it
I don't see much support to your opinion either.

You also do not know me and I don’t need to prove myself or my knowledge to you either.
Everyone would trust you more of you did

No matter how hard it’s going to be, I’m going to find myself my dream bird.
And if this bird gets sick and "the vet bills are overpriced"

your judgement and assumptions are sad.
And yours?

You shouldn't get a bird because it us your dream, you should get a bird because you know you can put in all the time and expense to go with it.
:agreed: