• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is Zupreem safe?

jenthetiel

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
John
I recently read that zupreem is hot pressed and they add vitamins that are lost during the heating process. The added vitamins can Apparently cause some illness in my tiel, (something that is related to too much vitamins in her body). I feed my bird zupreem natural, and use zupreem fruit flavoured one as treats. Is it safe? What's your recommendation?

*The zupreem natural is fed mostly, but her diet includes veg and fruits

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
My bird's life was saved by Zupreem :) it's the only pellet he will eat and resolved all of his diet related ailments, including respiratory distress, heart murmur, poor grip, and more, that he had due to an all seed diet before I got him at 19 years old.

Too much of anything is bad. Are there better pellets? Yes; those without sugar and dye are best. But if fed correctly, it is safe and a valuable tool.

For cockatiels, many people agree that their diet should not be more than 50% of their diet.

jenthetiel

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
John
My bird's life was saved by Zupreem :) it's the only pellet he will eat and resolved all of his diet related ailments, including respiratory distress, heart murmur, poor grip, and more, that he had due to an all seed diet before I got him at 19 years old.

Too much of anything is bad. Are there better pellets? Yes; those without sugar and dye are best. But if fed correctly, it is safe and a valuable tool.

For cockatiels, many people agree that their diet should not be more than 50% of their diet.
Thanks for the valuable information!