• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is your Grey "Social"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kneel

Strolling the yard
Real Name
kneel
Do you take your Grey places with you? DO you ever take them out on a nice sunny day?

I know for a fact that ours LOVES riding in the car...and LOVES being outside in the sun....we're working with a leash with her....SLOWLY...LOL...

Hopefully we can get her used to the leash so we can take her out without her travel cage....cuz I know she loves being outside!!

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Rocky is very social :) She wants to interact with anyone she sees, even strangers :eek:
I think it's great though :dance4:
(She grew up traveling to my parent's house and their neighbors for years for visits)

Last edited:

ortegah

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
Emmett is super social! He loves coming to work with me and makes tons of noises and words while we're there. I'd love to take him with me when I teach sunday school but he has a potty mouth and I'm pretty sure the parents wouldn't be happy ;)

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
My almost 13 year old CAG is a rehome so my situation may be a bit different. He is very social in that he loves being aroung us and other people...he enjoys the attention and interaction. He loves to be outside when he will be nice and step up. lol THis does not always happen! lol I would never attempt a harnes as he would eat me alive!

But, on the other hand, of all my birds, he is also very independent.

WenM

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Wendy
Kota loves to go camping in our RV and travelling anywhere. He chats up a storm with anyone who will talk to him, at a the drive through, visitors in our RV, anywhere. So funny cuz at home when visitors come, he clams right up. lol

newf

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Luna has never been social with anyone or any bird except me and my husband. She tolerates our other birds, but that's about it. I have taken her places, but I would never trust her enough to let anyone else touch her. She has bitten people in the past. Quincy Jones is a re home, and we are still working on his trust issues. He has come along way, but I still wouldn't trust him with other people yet. He does bite and gets really frantic around other people.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Emma is pretty approachable and trusting towards everyone including strangers and newcomers.
She won't accept scritches from people she doesn't know though.:)

Mojo's daddy

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Christian
Mojo does get out (in a travel cage). he loves to go outside and check out the ongoings around him. however, he is not too fond of strangers as of yet. I am still working on him with my wife, lol.

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
My two Greys are fine with the family. Growl at any children as they seem to move to fast for their comfort! Their beaks are super glued when any stranger appears and you do not hear a sound out of them, but once they are out of sight they make up for lost time. A lot just hide around the corner to listen to what they have tosay when they have gone!

prettyinpink

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica
Right now Tia loves everyone. She's like a little dog. When she hears someone come home she HAS to be downstairs to greet them, or she gets upset. She doesn't like car rides though, but she doesn't like to sit still. LOL

magni

Hit the Road
Real Name
Denise
All 4 of my greys love to be around everyone. They are always where we are and any company we may have.:)

prettyinpink

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica
I'm trying to show Tia to everyone while she's little i read that that's how you do it but all birds are different? I'm assuming the same is for car rides? I'm learning as we go! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.