• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is your Green Cheek Conure a Bat Too??

Summzz

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Summer
I came to this thought the other day when I walked in on my 11 year old Cinnamon Green Cheek Conure hanging upside down, eating. I laughed and talking to my mom about it saying "I swear she lives 85% of her life upside down". Eating, she is upside down. Taking a nap, she is upside down (sometimes). Just staring out the window, she is upside down. Almost everything she does through out the day she is upside down. Now there is of course something she sits up right for but I swear I got a bat not a bird. We have always jokes I got a bird mixed with a bat and a velociraptor (she has had a broken/deformed toe from the moment we got her. We think she broke it when she was a baby and it just healed that way, it makes her look like she has a velociraptor claw). She also HATES flying and prefers to just walk on the floor (finding the shinny floor very interesting). I have a Sun Conure that hardly hangs upside down. I'm sure I'm not the only one but I thought I would try to find others like her (I just included a cute photo of her as I realized I didn't actually have a photo of her upside down).

20201129_132017.jpg

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Rio hangs from one foot but upright. He does it for attention as I make a big deal about it & clap. He seems to know I like it.

Rio hanging P1000751.jpg

Penny crawled across the top of the cage yesterday to come to me from the other side of the cage when it would have been easier to walk across a perch to me...LOL She does not do that too often.

Summzz

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Summer
Rio hangs from one foot but upright. He does it for attention as I make a big deal about it & clap. He seems to know I like it.

View attachment 365944

Penny crawled across the top of the cage yesterday to come to me from the other side of the cage when it would have been easier to walk across a perch to me...LOL She does not do that too often.
Oh what a good photo!! Yup, sounds pretty similar, Claire hangs from one foot but is normally eating or scratching her head. Figured it was a Conure thing but wanted to see if anyone else had "bats" for pets! Too cute.

BirdWorld

Rollerblading along the road
These replies are too funny :lol:
No conures here, but I have a batgie! :roflmao:
(she hangs from the cage top to sleep...)

hilarys

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Hilary
My GCC Kip is still a baby so no bat behavior yet, but I kinda hope he does it. It sounds really cute! Your babies are gorgeous.

Summzz

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Summer
I laughed way too hard at this! Way too cute. I'm never surprised at how goofy they can be.

These replies are too funny :lol:
No conures here, but I have a batgie! :roflmao:
(she hangs from the cage top to sleep...)
Oh really! I guess as long as she is comfy!!

My GCC Kip is still a baby so no bat behavior yet, but I kinda hope he does it. It sounds really cute! Your babies are gorgeous.
Oh, I'm sure he will! They all seem to be so unique and have an abundance of personalities!! Also, is that him in that photo?? Whoever it is is absolutely adorable!!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!