• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is Your Amazon a Cuddle Bug Also?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharpie

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mine is definitely a big green 'too. Even at the vet's office. They were shocked by how willing he was to be handled and how cuddly he was. At home ALL he wants is cuddles and scritches. I'm actually trying to convince him there are other ways we can hang out than him sitting on my lap all melted down while I scritch him. So far, he's not sold.

~birdybea~

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Belinda
When i have the pleasure of looking after my boss's YFA, Indy, she's a total snuggle bug. I adore her. :heart:

She likes to hold on to a finger or thumb while getting cuddles, maybe so i can't get away, hehe! :p

Brigidt36

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
Barbara and Belinda, what great pictures!!! My Max is in no way that cuddly, lol.

MommyBird

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
Oh, Belinda and Barbara, love those pics!

Chico - no way can I cuddle him, but Polly who is also an OWA is a differest story.
When I uncover her cage she presses her head up against the bars for a scratch.
When she is out during the day (she is unable to fly due to old wing injury) she will run over to where I'm sitting or standing and look up at me so cute, wnating to be picked up and loved.
Any time she is on the top of her cage when I walk over she runs over and puts her head down. She also begs Chcio for scratches when he's sitting with her.
At night we sit on the couch with my arm braced up on my knee (otherwise it would fall off!) and she sits there with her eyes closed as I scratch and lean my head against her body.

crazyanimal

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Delta
Cuddle Amazons?? Those two words do not go together in this house. I wish I could cuddle them. I'd likely be going for stitches and how would I explain that to my doctor??? I was trying to cuddle... LOL

Sarin

Real Name
Nicole
I definitely believe Koba is a 'Too in disguise!! She loves her cuddles, all the time. She begs for them! She also likes to hold onto my hand/fingers with her beak or foot while I pet her. And she kindly 'places' my finger where she wants to be pet.. LOL.

(Old Old Pictures, but you get the idea. :D)

Attachments

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
I look at our blue fronted Amazon Jay and think "dream on!" we have been together just about four months and no way would I ever cuddle him.
It is only recently he has stopped taking lumps out of me and does now fly over and land on my arm or head for a few minutes for a quick chat in his own language and then off again. Suppose that can be called progress, but as for cuddling him, that is a long way off I fear.:confused:

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Yes they both were. Pua(RLA) would LOVE to cuddle. When I was in Sydney's(YNA) good graces, he was ther sweetest cuddle bug as he made the sweetest noises when we cuddled:heart:

Robin

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Robin
My YNA Shumway is a complete love bug, loves you to hold him next to your chest and pet him all over. I can give him scritches anytime he loves every minute of them, and he loves all women. :hehe:

Angelicarboreals

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
Chico is usually a cuddler first thing in the morning and right before bed. He also will cuddle if we are somewhere where he is not comfortable or feels safe (the vets office for starters). Harley is not a cuddler, I can tickle his belly and pretty much touch him wherever on his body as long as I don't try to bring him in close.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire

Hoosier with his typical cuddle time with Daddy. If you try to turn him right side up, he will flop over all limp because he doesn't want to go.:rofl:

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
Wow! Just wish that would happen with jay and any member of the family if not me, but do not think it is going to happen any day soon. Just keep on trying and wishing! Just love all the cuddly pictures, they are all great.

Status
Not open for further replies.