• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is wire mesh netting okay for finches?

Jogging around the block
I'm building an aviary which would house finches, canaries, diamond doves and budgies. I'd be using 1 cm square wire mesh netting with it as it's the smallest netting I can find. I'm concerned of if the zebra finches would get their heads stuck? They're in a cage designed for small birds with small bar spacing at the moment, I've never seen any try poke their heads through.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I believe that should be fine. I’ve never used it (disclaimer) but the size of the hole is good.

Jogging around the block
I believe that should be fine. I’ve never used it (disclaimer) but the size of the hole is good.
Thanks, I just wanted another bird person's opinion. I'm paranoid from all the terrible stores I've heard of birds getting their heads stuck, very sad. But it seems to keep mice out of my rabbits' hutches as well which they are very smart and determined to get the scraps of rabbit food :roflmao:, so I'm sure my little finches will be fine.