• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is this toy safe?

sgyoung

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Sarah Young
I have a sun conure and my mom recently gave me this toy for him. However, I usually only buy toys made of natural materials and was under the impression that chewable plastics are not safe. This toy has little plastic pony beads on it as well as some kind of rubber rings on the sides.

Attachments

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Thanks for the new info on oxygen concentrators yesterday! :)

WikiWaz

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Signe
I think it would be if you monitor your bird playing with it first. My cockatiel has toys with plastic, pony beads and I've monitored him enough to know he doesn't like chewing on them.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
I have a sun conure and my mom recently gave me this toy for him. However, I usually only buy toys made of natural materials and was under the impression that chewable plastics are not safe. This toy has little plastic pony beads on it as well as some kind of rubber rings on the sides.
Pony beads are fine for the smaller birds.
Burt loves to steal them from Squeaks supply box and crack them but I don’t think you should have too much of an issue with a sun conure and pony beads- as with any other toyregular checking is a must.

Can I possibly ask for another pic for the ring things you mention? Sorry! My phone won’t open them attachments up for some stupid reason and they go blurry if I enlarge them for a proper look.

MR. Mango

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
I think the toy looks fine for a sun conure, just monitor him with the beads but it should be safe

sgyoung

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Sarah Young
Pony beads are fine for the smaller birds.
Burt loves to steal them from Squeaks supply box and crack them but I don’t think you should have too much of an issue with a sun conure and pony beads- as with any other toyregular checking is a must.

Can I possibly ask for another pic for the ring things you mention? Sorry! My phone won’t open them attachments up for some stupid reason and they go blurry if I enlarge them for a proper look.

Attachments

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez