• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is this too expensive for zebra finches?

Olliebirb

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Julia A
I was looking on Craigslist for some finches and I came across 6 of them, three male and three female. They came with four nesting boxes and their cage which is pretty large but the bar spacing is too wide for finches and I'd have to get them a new cage. The owner is selling them for $200. Is this too expensive? I've never had any finches before so I don't really know if this is a fair price for them... If anyone thinks this is a good price please let me know! If it is then I'll hopefully get them, if it's not then I could probably say that I don't want the cage and the price might drop.

Olliebirb

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Julia A
Here are some pictures of them and their cage.
00n0n_gEgXMGftwYv_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
Look how cute they are!!
00C0C_7PW76V4SwHd_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
I've had this cage before and my budgie could stick his head out of the bars so I really don't trust it for finches. Plus I'd get them a large flight cage if i can get them
00s0s_dAuAJ64HINm_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
By the way is this bar cutting safe?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
The owner is selling them for $200. Is this too expensive?
Could be the owner really loves them, doesn´t really want to rehome them but has no choice and wants to be sure they go somewhere where they will be cared for properly... Just a thought :)

Olliebirb

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Julia A
Could be the owner really loves them, doesn´t really want to rehome them but has no choice and wants to be sure they go somewhere where they will be cared for properly... Just a thought :)
That is a good thought! Though when I refreshed, there were only two left.. there are more finches on Craigslist and could possibly get them too plus the two that are left. Do finches get along well with other finches? I feel so sad for the two being left behind.. I wonder why these two didn't get purchased along with the other four? Though I do wish to get finches and hopefully these

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
The magic number is 6 (or more). And be sure you have plenty of space for them.

As far as price, depends on where you live but I’d think $15 each is fair. They were probably trying to get the money for the cage and nest boxes.

Olliebirb

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Julia A
The magic number is 6 (or more). And be sure you have plenty of space for them.

As far as price, depends on where you live but I’d think $15 each is fair. They were probably trying to get the money for the cage and nest boxes.
Do finches easily accept ones that aren't from their original flock?

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Yes they’ll do fine with new Flock members. There’s usually some bickering then they settle down.