• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is This the Highlight of Your Day Too?

AutumnRain

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kelsey
The highlight of my day is spending time with my fur and feather babies. I don't have kids yet, but I'm sure they will be added to my highlights too at that time. For now, it's just going home to Emery and Bodie. They both can be so naughty sometimes, but they make up for it with how sweet, goofy, and adorable they both are. What are the highlights of your day usually?

TikkiTembo

Real Name
Chelsea
I'm lucky to have many, and they outweigh the bad! Waking up and seeing my 5 month old's smiling face next to me, Chipper stepping up the first time I ask or happily staying on my wrist instead of my shoulder, realizing my 3 year old has learned to read a new word, watching Tikki and Bismo fly around together.... But the best part of my day will always be when my 3 year old stops messing around and procrastinating and finally goes to bed!! I just tried for an hour and a half, and hubby is up there now, so we're approaching two hours now. I'm waiting for a highlight to help get me through the evening!

Monaco

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
I have to say that it's the moments of connection with my crew. I feel really privileged when Monaco and I share some interaction, when the phrases or body language are in sync or reciprocal. It's hard to describe beyond "connection." I definitely feel it when she, or whoever, is initiating it. There's something about another species seeking out your company that is very rewarding.

Nobirby

Jogging around the block
I am "semi" retired, so I am home almost all the time. But when Faith comes up and gives me kisses, that makes my day. I love all four of my conures, and I know I shoud not have a favorite. But I have a favorite daughter, and a favorite son. Okay, I only had two children. :hehepink:

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
From 4 to 6pm everyday, dad comes home and disappears into the bird cave. For that period of time, this is where he de-stresses, forgets about the outside world, connects with like minded people, and has a fivesome with his birds. :D