• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is this swing okay to use?

DesertBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
I saw this swing at the pet shop today and I thought I'd get it, but I want to be sure it's okay for my budgies. I know some of these sand perches/swings are bad for their feet but others fine. If this one isn't good then I'll wrap it with some sisal rope or something.

IMG_20210302_105343426.jpg

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
I wouldn't. If any of your budgies enjoy it too much they will spend too much time on it and probably harm their feet. Also it's only coated with sand, too easy to pick at and swallow.
People who design these things clearly don't have birds.

DesertBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
I wouldn't. If any of your budgies enjoy it too much they will spend too much time on it and probably harm their feet. Also it's only coated with sand, too easy to pick at and swallow.
People who design these things clearly don't have birds.
Okay, thank you, I figured that was the case. I think I'll wrap it with some sisal rope to make it safe for them.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Honeslty, there are other swings available at low cost, save your money and shop elsewhere. We shouldn´t have to adapt stuff to make them safe, and as long as we keep buying it to adapt, they will keep making it. What country are you in? Maybe we can help find you a better swing? :)

DesertBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Honeslty, there are other swings available at low cost, save your money and shop elsewhere. We shouldn´t have to adapt stuff to make them safe, and as long as we keep buying it to adapt, they will keep making it. What country are you in? Maybe we can help find you a better swing? :)
Well, I would return it but the shop I got it from won't take anything back because of covid.
It's only 3 dollars, so I don't mind adapting it. This swing won't be the only swing my birds have either. They have a swing that they rlove, so this would go onto the play stand I'm making.