• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is this something I should be worried about?

BirbBrain

Walking the driveway
This just started 1 hour ago, she was fine yesterday

I have a tiel' I dunno, but I'm pretty sure some of you guys already know that. But just today, she started lifting her leg and standing on one leg. She wouldn't stop. The toe on the leg that she is raising is a bit gray. Should a be worried?

EDIT: I searched it up and here are a few reasons,

Rest, warmth, comfort, and sleep.

Last edited:

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@Zara if Zara cant help i am sure shee can tag people in who will be able to

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Could the grey be her natural coloring? Does she use that foot for walking and climbing? She stood on one leg all day?

Sparkles!

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
She’s probably always done it, but maybe it’s just more apparent today.

BirbBrain

Walking the driveway
That's normal resting behavior.
I know it is resting behavior but she has done it the whole day yesterday and today.

Whenever she walks, she suddenly stops and puts her foot up and just doesn't move at all.

BirbBrain

Walking the driveway
Could the grey be her natural coloring? Does she use that foot for walking and climbing? She stood on one leg all day?
Hi! Grey is not her natural coloring. When we got her a month or 2 ago, she didn't have a grey toe, it used to be pink. Also, she stood on one leg all day.

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
It sounds like she could be in pain if it’s interrupting her walking. It’s been a couple of days since you first posted, so if she’s still doing it all day long, I would take her to a good vet.

BirbBrain

Walking the driveway
It sounds like she could be in pain if it’s interrupting her walking. It’s been a couple of days since you first posted, so if she’s still doing it all day long, I would take her to a good vet.
I know! I will. Soon, but, she literally just coughed! AND IT WAS A WET cough.

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
It sounds like you believe that there is something wrong with her, so I would trust your gut get an appointment with an avian vet soon. I hope she’s okay!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I believe your bird needs to see a vet. Your description of her leg lifting does not sound like normal resting behaviour to me, the discoloured toe is concerning and the wet sneeze doesn’t sound overly good either.
Has your bird had a wellness check since you brought it home? If not then I think it’s a good idea to book an avian vet appointment ASAP and get your bird checked out.

BirbBrain

Walking the driveway
I believe your bird needs to see a vet. Your description of her leg lifting does not sound like normal resting behaviour to me, the discoloured toe is concerning and the wet sneeze doesn’t sound overly good either.
Has your bird had a wellness check since you brought it home? If not then I think it’s a good idea to book an avian vet appointment ASAP and get your bird checked out.
Thanks!

Hermesbird

Real Name
Cat
The OP has a post looking for a vet in Washington state US, Any members that can help? I don't have privileges to post in it to bump.

@Britnicorn Do you know of any vets near Seattle or Bellevue in Washington?

Britnicorn

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Britney
The OP has a post looking for a vet in Washington state US, Any members that can help? I don't have privileges to post in it to bump.

@Britnicorn Do you know of any vets near Seattle or Bellevue in Washington?
Yeah actually

Dr Tracy Bennett at the Bird and Exotic clinic
10501 Aurora Avenue North
Zip code 98133
Their number is (206)783-4538

there’s a lot of avian vets on the west coast of Washington too. You can put your zip code in this website to see if there’s any closer to you