• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is this snuggling?

Fisheyy

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Kristen
My GCC Impa has taken a liking to sitting on my shoulder while I work, which I have obviously taken a liking to also. She does this thing where she stands right next to my head as close as possible and puts her head up behind my ear into my hair. She ends up looking like one of those cartoon characters playing hide and seek and hiding behind a curtain but you can see their feet sticking out the bottom. I get that mental picture every time I see her reflection in my phone screen and can't help but laugh.

But more seriously, I want to make sure this isn't any possible scenario where she is choosing me as her mate. I only touch her head and cheeks for scritches when permitted- which isn't often, and never try to pet her back or anything. When she does this she usually stands still and will just put her beak or head against mine.

So, what do I have here, snuggles? or trouble?
IMG-2650.jpg IMG-2704.jpg IMG-2635.jpg

bubblelady

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
My GCC Impa has taken a liking to sitting on my shoulder while I work, which I have obviously taken a liking to also. She does this thing where she stands right next to my head as close as possible and puts her head up behind my ear into my hair. She ends up looking like one of those cartoon characters playing hide and seek and hiding behind a curtain but you can see their feet sticking out the bottom. I get that mental picture every time I see her reflection in my phone screen and can't help but laugh.

But more seriously, I want to make sure this isn't any possible scenario where she is choosing me as her mate. I only touch her head and cheeks for scritches when permitted- which isn't often, and never try to pet her back or anything. When she does this she usually stands still and will just put her beak or head against mine.

So, what do I have here, snuggles? or trouble?
View attachment 358330 View attachment 358331 View attachment 358332
Sure looks like snuggling to me. :heart:

Yoshi&Raphi

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Raphi
Awww she’s so cute, I remember the first time my conure did this I just about melted. Thats a funny visual!

Fisheyy

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Kristen
Awww she’s so cute, I remember the first time my conure did this I just about melted. Thats a funny visual!
Oh I totally melt every time! I keep telling her that she will have to stop being so cute for a bit or else mama won't get any work done which means no money for all the fun materials I already ordered to make more bird toys :roflmao: