• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Is this poop normal? (cockatiel)

Nuovis

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Alison
Hello, I've noticed that my cockatiel has had some unusual poops as of late. It seems that the feces part of the poo is almost entirely liquid with no form or shape. For reference, he eats pellets all throughout the day and is fed fresh chop in the mornings and a seed mix at night. He is a little over one year old and I keep him with another cockatiel. My other cockatiels poo seems to be alright, and I've only seen this kind of poo from him sparsely over the last couple of days. His behaviour has not changed. I will try to attach an image, the poo in the photo was taken 2 hours after he ate his seeds before bed. Is this a concern? Should I separate the birds and look at taking him to a vet?
1658035086149.png
Thank you for any advice in advance :)

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Hello Alison,
Personally I would go to the vet. The poops are not just soft, they are completely separated. It´s definitely not normal.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
If it’s been going on over a few days, and not getting better, I would take him in also.