• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is this pineapple conure ok?

Nancy B

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Awww I love her coloring. Definitely do a vet well check and see what they say. Her feathers could be dull if she's very young too. My vet says to give birds all the fresh food they will eat. He highly recommends fresh veggies. I have a lovebird that loves blueberries. My cockatoo won't touch berries but loves broccoli. Ha!

sophieb821

Strolling the yard
Your bird has most likely been through a rough time travelling, he was shipped to you right? He looks like he has been roughed up a lot while travelling to you. Have you read the reviews on where ever you got him from? I recon a quick trip to the vet and get some proper advise. But I think after awhile he should be fine ❤

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
I like Flora!!!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Her feathers could be dull if she's very young too.
That was what I was thinking also. Youngster plumage is duller than adult plumage.

sometimes the love bird preens the conure, and sometimes attacks him ️
can be dangerous, even lead to death
I really hope you separate them before any toes are lost or worse...
fights can escalate very quickly :(
I really don´t wanna nag on about this, but honestly housing those two birds together is a recipe for disaster. There´s a small chance they will be fine, but why are we taking the risk with captive birds who have no choice in the matter and ultimately when things go south it is them that´s left either crippled for life or dead.
A lovebird attacking another bird is not cute, it´s dangerous.

Tina&Mill

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Tianna Schwindel
To me it looks like their eyes are enlarged, and their feathers do look a bit scruffy. I would suggest bringing your bird to the vet, because you cant really tell how sick your bird is through a photo.
Hope they get better!

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I like the name Flora too!

Nancy B

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
That was what I was thinking also. Youngster plumage is duller than adult plumage.

I really don´t wanna nag on about this, but honestly housing those two birds together is a recipe for disaster. There´s a small chance they will be fine, but why are we taking the risk with captive birds who have no choice in the matter and ultimately when things go south it is them that´s left either crippled for life or dead.
A lovebird attacking another bird is not cute, it´s dangerous.
I know that! I had 5 at one point and the odd one even though they were brothers had to be by himself in a cage eventually. Their mother was BRUTAL. If they got out of pecking order there was hell to pay. I yelled at her for beating on one of her little ones and she stood and screamed back at me! She was...in my son's words...EVIL she ruled the roost!