• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is this ok?

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
I've got a question for the mods! I was planning on making a thread for those of us who collect taxidermy and the like to post photos of our collections, so that anyone who doesn't want to see that kind of thing doesn't have to. They can just not read the thread if they don't want to see it.

Would that be ok? I want to make sure it's not against the rules first.

I can't speak for others obviously, but I know almost everything in my collection was collected ethically, if that's a concern.

I'm sure there must be others here who are interested in the same. I just never post photos because I don't want to offend someone.

Thoughts?

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
I would think somewhere in the Around the Neighborhood section. Maybe just put a tag in the thread's title like "viewer discretion is advised"? I'm not bothered by preserved specimens so long as it's ethical. Ie, died of natural causes.

Flockmomma79

Moving in
Real Name
Leigh Ann Pierce
@taxidermynerd , I don't "taxidermy" per say, but I did start collecting skulls (found ones only) and am learning how to clean, bleach, and put them back together. Like putting teeth back in place, etc. I would like a thread like this for sure!

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
@taxidermynerd , I don't "taxidermy" per say, but I did start collecting skulls (found ones only) and am learning how to clean, bleach, and put them back together. Like putting teeth back in place, etc. I would like a thread like this for sure!
I actually made this thread a while back :) There haven't really been many posts in the thread though, as I was unsure of what kind of reception I would receive. http://forums.avianavenue.com/index...-discretion-advised-preserved-animals.225072/