• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is this normal?

Stargirl

Moving in
Real Name
Landy
So today another normal day for me and my cockatiel Mickey!I woke her up and noticed something she was puffed up, she always does this when she wakes up but she unpuffs herself after,but not today she’s still puffed up and won’t let me let him, she bites me when I try to pet her idk if this is normal or not!Im starting to get really scared that she may be sick.I can’t take her to a vet because there’s vet near us and my parents a probably won’t let me as they’ll tell me that I’m over reacting.she was fine yesterday!Shes also making those little beak grinding noises but a bit weird(or I’m just hearing things) she’s also pulling my hair (Ik that’s normal I think but idk if it’s important) can anyone help me figure out what’s wrong with her?Shes about to turn 1 year old soon in a Few months (April 29) I’m getting really worried as I don’t want anything to happen to her pls If you guys can give me some tips or something to try figure this out ig would be great!(the picture is her rn)

Attachments

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
What's her poops look like? Is she eating? Is she molting? Will she let you weigh her on a gram scale?

Sometimes they just have a bad day, just like us. Sudden behavior changes CAN be a sign of an illness, but if it were my bird and there were no other signs, I would monitor weight and watch her poops for the next day or two before freaking out.

Stargirl

Moving in
Real Name
Landy
What's her poops look like? Is she eating? Is she molting? Will she let you weigh her on a gram scale?

Sometimes they just have a bad day, just like us. Sudden behavior changes CAN be a sign of an illness, but if it were my bird and there were no other signs, I would monitor weight and watch her poops for the next day or two before freaking out.
Her poops normal and healthy, she won’t let weigh her on a gram scale unfortunately she flys away, she’s eating normally!Ill keep monitoring her incase something new happens or I notice something!