• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is This Normal?

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
Yes, taking a bath is normal. How warm do you keep the room? Usually 70F is the coolest I allow my birds to be. Luna is a young cutie. Welcome to the form, William.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Cockatiels look like they are shivering after a bath, but this is actually their way of drying off, so if your house isn’t cold I wouldn’t worry. I’m glad she enjoyed her bath!

LunaBird

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
William
it's not cold at the moment (summer over here)

LunaBird

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
William
So... i've had luna for 2 weeks and i think luna is scared of me (backs away from me when i put my hand in the cage, crest always up, refuses to come to me)
is this normal for baby tiels and if so how long will this go on?

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
It can be quite normal, depending on the individual. Have you tried offering her millet?

scrape

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Is millet a bird treat?
Wow everyone knows millet! (Yes, it's a bird treat) I'm sorry to be blunt, but it sounds like you might could benefit from some more research on your little friend:)

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
We are here to educate, remember. Your Luna sounds she is untame. You can tame her by bribing her with food and being careful to not push her to do things she doesn't want to do. You will find millet at the pet store. It is a treat. But you can offer her pieces of fruit and veg and if she is too afraid to take it from you, you can leave it in her cage to taste later. In this forum there are instructions on how to tame a fearful bird.