• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is this normal-please help

Saharr98

Meeting neighbors
Hi everyone,
I have noticed for a while now that my cockatiel's feet moves quickly like he is taping it. I have attached a video to this post for you to see. I almost always see this behaviour when he is preening. I just wanted to see if this is normal? I haven't noticed anything else wrong with my tiels feet and it does not seem to cause him discomfort. You can see it around the 3-4 sec mark In the video.

peachypjm

Strolling the yard
Hi everyone,
I have noticed for a while now that my cockatiel's feet moves quickly like he is taping it. I have attached a video to this post for you to see. I almost always see this behaviour when he is preening. I just wanted to see if this is normal? I haven't noticed anything else wrong with my tiels feet and it does not seem to cause him discomfort. You can see it around the 3-4 sec mark In the video.
just look like he's lost his footing. either that or his foot is itchy. I wouldn't worry about it

Saharr98

Meeting neighbors
just look like he's lost his footing. either that or his foot is itchy. I wouldn't worry about it
Thank you, it makes me feel better. It's just that I've seen it happen multiple times on both feet so I didn't know if he had a problem or if it was normal

Gigibirds

Rollerblading along the road
Yes, I wouldn't worry. It just looks like he was putting his foot down and couldn't quite find the right place, so he lost his footing a bit, and then fixed it and carried on! My birds will do that occasionally, with both feet. I don't believe that it is a problem :)

Saharr98

Meeting neighbors
Yes, I wouldn't worry. It just looks like he was putting his foot down and couldn't quite find the right place, so he lost his footing a bit, and then fixed it and carried on! My birds will do that occasionally, with both feet. I don't believe that it is a problem :)
Thank you so much, makes me feel a lot better :)

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Totally normal movements.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road