• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

is this normal for a few day old finch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
I got a video and 2 pics is all i was able to get while I had him/her out (i took the video/pics after I fed him/her) but is this head thing normal? it seems to always put its head on its side or swing it around where it looks like its a pretzel

Sorry they're not very good - was doing it one handed with a squirmy baby in the other hand - not an easy task to do

in the pictures you can see I have it in my palm Right side up (belly in my palm) But its head never stays facing the right direction it always turns to where its beak is at its back but the back of its head is flat or close to being flat with my palm

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
no he is not holding his head right for a finch that age he looks like Rocky my quaker with a broken neck there is some thing wrong :hug8:

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
I figured it wasn't normal - even though I've never dealt with them , I've still dealt with baby budgies, lovebirds, and Tiels and none of them have ever done it

Would no doubt explain why it's parents kept kicking it out

The lady didn't leave any way of contacting her - But I wasn't to thrilled with her when she said they got the finches to "entertain the birds" and then they started having babies - and they know nothing about birds

They called my B/f's cell phone - got the number from our website, Said they were some sort of business - not sure what kinda business has cats that need entertained other then a shelter/rescue type place???????

and I didn't think to write her number down and my b/f gets tons of calls a day so its been wiped off his phone already

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Poor baby.:( I hope you can get some answers as to why he is not right. Maybe a visit with a CAV is in order?

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
I know he's dark but shouldn't i still be able to tell where the Eye ball part of his eyes are?

they estimaed him to be 10 days old when they Brought him here Yesterday but from my reading his eyes should be open by now and I'm not really seeing any bulges where the eye balls go (like i do on budgies, tiels, lovebirds) but it's also hard to keep his head still to get a good look

but That could be because his skink is black, he doesn't hold still and the lightening in my house isn't that great and it is way too cold to take him outside for a quick peek

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
Just wanted to update on the lil' guy

I just went to get him for his next feeding and he was no longer alive He put up one hell of a fight, As Did I but I guess it wasn't meant to be

birdlover82

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Oh. I'm sorry to hear he didn't make it. But at least you can say you gave him your best. Which is alot.:hug8:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
RIP little one!

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran