• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Is this detergent safe?

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Omg don’t use it
It’s alcohol based and has perfume

squishy_bub

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Adelina
Can I at least use it to clean the floor of the cage?

Also, is the Avisafe Disinfectant good? I can place an order if it's good :)

Last edited:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
No perfumes allowed in the house

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I just use plain water to clean

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Remember to close the vent in the room you are cleaning

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Please buy and use F10 Amazon.com : F10SC Veterinary Disinfectant (200ml) by F10 SC : Pet Health Care Supplies : Pet Supplies for the most effective disinfection in the animal world. It's no-caustic and no oder and DOES NOT HAVE TO BE RINSED.

For just cleaning and a certain amount of disinfectant use Amazon.com: F10SCXD Veterinary Disinfectant/Cleanser by F10 (100ml): Pet Supplies It has some detergent in it and can be used for gross cleaning.

These compounds are used by almost all veterinarians and a large portion of the owners on this forum.

simon777

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Iliel
I use 'Water Wipes' for everything to do with Simon especially where he wipes his beak. Sometimes I will use anti-bacterial wipes first if there is poop but I rinse off with water wipes. I sometimes even use them on myself if I feel grubby. They were invented for ultra sensitive new born babies. I couldn't do without disposable wipes with a rainbow lorikeet. Makes daily cleaning easy.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I use 'Water Wipes' for everything to do with Simon especially where he wipes his beak. Sometimes I will use anti-bacterial wipes first if there is poop but I rinse off with water wipes. I sometimes even use them on myself if I feel grubby. They were invented for ultra sensitive new born babies. I couldn't do without disposable wipes with a rainbow lorikeet. Makes daily cleaning easy.
Must google for these!

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane

squishy_bub

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Adelina
Please buy and use F10 Amazon.com : F10SC Veterinary Disinfectant (200ml) by F10 SC : Pet Health Care Supplies : Pet Supplies for the most effective disinfection in the animal world. It's no-caustic and no oder and DOES NOT HAVE TO BE RINSED.

For just cleaning and a certain amount of disinfectant use Amazon.com: F10SCXD Veterinary Disinfectant/Cleanser by F10 (100ml): Pet Supplies It has some detergent in it and can be used for gross cleaning.

These compounds are used by almost all veterinarians and a large portion of the owners on this forum.
Thanks a lot, I actually found the F10SC in a store in my country. It also has the F10XD, but no F10SCXD. I'll make sure to order the F10SC when Monday comes :) As for the F10XD, is it not good to use instead of the F10SCXD?

squishy_bub

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Adelina
These sound quite interesting and useful, since wipes always makes it easier to clean, and they always come in handy.
My bird has a perch that she always seems to use when she cleans her beak, so it might help clean the perch a lot easier :)

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
As far as I can tell the F10XD and the F10SCXD are the same thing. Both are F10 with an added detergent.

Those water wipes look ok for quick wipe ups. Just keep in mind that they have no disinfectant in them, so you will still occasionally need to deep clean and disinfect.