• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video Is this crop clearing, regurgitating or vomiting?

charlieboy

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Steph
I'm confused and maybe too much of a worry wart? He didn't spit anything out

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I will get him there as soon as I can :(
The vet will do a gram stain in addition to the physical. Charlie may have a bacterial infection. They go downhill very fast. If he needs antibiotics he needs to get them now today.

charlieboy

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Steph
The vet will do a gram stain in addition to the physical. Charlie may have a bacterial infection. They go downhill very fast. If he needs antibiotics he needs to get them now today.
Yeah I know, my budgies died due to bacterial infection :( I regret not bringing them in earlier... I'm trying to convince my mom to bring him in tomorrow but she doesn't think he is sick because he didn't vomit anything, just tried to... If I cant convince her I'll go back home earlier than intended on Saturday and bring him in, hopefully it won't be too late, at least I don't think it will be, they go downhill fast but not that fast... at least I'm hoping... I'm really worried

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Good idea to take him to the vet ASAP. He had the squinty eye thing the other day and was also sneezing a day or two ago. Best to have him checked. It does look as if he is trying to vomit in the video. With the things you have been seeing a vet visit is important.

charlieboy

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Steph
Good idea to take him to the vet ASAP. He had the squinty eye thing the other day and was also sneezing a day or two ago. Best to have him checked. It does look as if he is trying to vomit in the video. With the things you have been seeing a vet visit is important.
Yes, I will get him to the vet as soon as I can, thank you, I'm really worried though I hope I can get him there fast enough.... Would be around tommorrow or saturday

charlieboy

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Steph
@saroj12 @iamwhoiam Okay so. No matter how hard I tried to convince her, my mom refuses to just show up to the vet tommorow morning. She is certain nothing is wrong because he is still playing, eating, drinking, energetic and having normal poops, which is reassuring, but I'm still worried. It breaks my heart. We made a deal though: tommorow morning she will call the vet, describe all of Charlie's symptoms and if the vet says she can come in, she promised me she will. I'm just crossing my fingers Charlie gets to go to the vet tommorow, if not it will be another painful wait, but at least I would know the vet thinks he will be okay. What do you guys think of this deal? I'm trying to be optimistic, I would be surprised if the vet refuses. Hoping my mom will keep her promise, too. Ugh, it's hard being away from home and my baby *and* being an anxious crying wreck. I love this fluffy boy so damn much, I'd be devastated if anything happened to him. Thank you guys for your advice <3

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The positive things are that he is eating, drinking and acting normally. Birds do try to hide their symptoms, though. Since we are not there with him 24/7 it's hard to just tell from a video or a few descriptions if something is very "off" or if it's just a minor issue. Good that your mom is calling the vet for a consultation. You may want to give her a list of things that she can tell the vet and also ask the vet. Positive thoughts for Charlie!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Good morning!! :)

charlieboy

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Steph
Wishing you and Charlie the best!
Thank you! I hope you don't mind me keeping notifying you. So my mom called the vet (or the receptionist, not sure) and described his symptoms and they are not worried one bit since he is acting normal. They gave us an appt on monday night. I really hope they are right and that nothing is wrong, or at least nothing major, I'm still worried but I'm gonna trust their word. I would have gone saturday but my parents wants me to stay at my dad's to celebrate my birthday, lol ^^; Should I try to go on saturday anyways or will Charlie be fine until monday if the vet said so? I trust the vet I would just like a second opinion on trusting said vet lol. He is doing fine now

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Did she talk to a tech or the vet? I’m glad he’s doing better. Happy birthday:happybirthday:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Happy Birthday to you! Great that Charlie is doing better. Keep us updated.

charlieboy

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Steph
Did she talk to a tech or the vet? I’m glad he’s doing better. Happy birthday:happybirthday:
Happy Birthday to you! Great that Charlie is doing better. Keep us updated.
Thank you guys!! I'm glad he's doing better too :) She talked to the receptionist, who talked to the vet. So she didn't talk to the vet directly, but there was a vet involved in the decision.