• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is This Cage OK For Our Amazons?

SkyDancer

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lauren Elizabeth
I recently posted on Facebook in search of a new cage for our Amazons. Several recommended this cage to me. I just wanted to post here and see if anyone had any personal experiences with it (or better yet, pictures)?

Screen Shot 2023-01-11 at 5.23.53 PM.png

Seems like it's on sale for a great price.

Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H)
33.00 x 33.00 x 72.00 Inches

We have 3 Amazon boys! Our boys are 2 BF and 1 DYH. They have always lived together and done great. They are only ever really in their cage at night. During the day, I have them out and about with me. What do you guys think?

SkyDancer

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lauren Elizabeth
Does anyone know if (on the corner cage) the 33" includes the seed skirt or is without it?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]

flyzipper

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve
They are only ever really in their cage at night. During the day, I have them out and about with me. What do you guys think?
If it's only used for their sleep cage, and they get along, it's probably adequate, but its utility would be extremely limited if called upon to support healthy activity requirements during active daytime hours. It'll be tight, as others have commented -- I use approximately those sizes for my Severe's sleep chage and he's about the same size as your Amazons).

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
I've had a corner cage and did not keep it long.
They IMO are a pain to clean, especially the bottom grates.
Perches also aren't as easy to place.
I vote for the second one you posted.
I'd go at least 48" by 36" though if possible.
Are these young birds?

Last edited:

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Corner cages are a beach to clean. I hauled mine to the scrapyard and will never buy one again.

MnGuy

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
I have a King’s corner cage, and I love it. I don’t know how its size compares to the one you posted, but mine is huge.

It is more work to clean, and installing perches is more difficult in the back corner sections.

But I like how much depth it provides compared to a rectangular cage, which my CAG had before. I find that corner cages offer deep privacy in those corners, and my grey uses it a lot!

At the same time, they also offer plenty of space/areas for you bird to choose perches that are more out in the open near the front.

If you get one, you have to leave a lot of room open in front of each pullout drawer, or, skip using grates so you can pick up newspapers through the main door.