• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is this cage big enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peanut

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Denise
Got a lead on a cage it is 5 x 5 x 3.5 ft. so 60 in by 60 in by 42. This would be big enough for a macaw? The bird will get out everyday. Want to make sure this is a good size for such a large bird. Thanks!

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
IMO, no. It isn't tall enough.

My GW's long tail feathers measure 22-24 inches, roughly guessing that their body is 14-16 inches, total 36 min. So 42 inches high is only giving them a few inches to move up or down.

Peanut

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Denise
Its 60 tall length 60 42 wide. What size do you have your GW in? Thanks.

Karen

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Its 60 tall length 60 42 wide.
I'm sorry, I'm not understanding the measurements.

What size do you have your GW in? Thanks.
My GW sleeps in an HQ Double Macaw cage, which is 64" Width x 32" Depth x 68" Height. Overall Height is 72" and the bar spacing is 1".

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Okay so the cage is 60 x 42, yes? And it is 60" tall? That is a good size in width and depth, but a little on the short side in height. Like Karen's birds, my B&G is in a 64 x 32, 72 inches tall. She likes to get up on her swing or on her rope perch in the top part of the cage. But, yeah, I'm really liking your dimensions other than that :)

Peanut

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Denise
Yes thats what I meant, 60 x 42 and 5 feet tall.

Karen

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
60" wide X 42" depth is very nice. I wish the Double Macaw cages depth was 42 instead of 32.

Is the 5' tall measurement taken from the inside or outside? Optimally you would like it taller, but if that's an inside measurement it's not too bad.

Peanut

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Denise
It's only $200.00, was thinking get it now since I havent even found my macaw yet. Save up for a walk in aviary, move the macaw to that when I get the aviary and then peanut could have this cage. Who knows the aviary might be here before the bird is. Its a nice cage for that price. If any thing the macaw would only be in it for about 8 months. Plus the spare room is being converted into a bird room and they would get out everyday all day.

Annamacaw

Rescue Rep
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
That's not very tall.... funny to be so big otherwise......

Annamacaw

Rescue Rep
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Oh wait... I see 60" tall, well that's not bad, I was thinking 42" tall......I would get it for $200 bucks!

Peanut

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Denise
Thats what I was thinking. Just want to make sure it will be okay for a few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.